ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it possible to get a sub 100k rs megane 225 for 2k??

Thinking about something with a bit more practicality to replace my 172 cup. My wife won't drive the cup(no bad thing) but we have 4 kids and a bigger 2nd car is on the cards. I've told her its gonna be something 'sporty' so a meg 225 fits the bill nicely but budget is tight. I need to ideally sell and buy a replacement car with no extra spending. I reckon my cup is worth in the region of 2-2/5k but the belts are due next year so I'm thinking 2k is realistic.
I do want a sub 100k car as that is where the cup is presently. Am I being unrealistic?
Thoughts and feedback welcome.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Probably and will probably be crap. Maybe.

There's 2k cars I would pick over that for sure.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its not a car you want to be looking at the lower end of the scale on

Cambelt job is £500 which i'd expect needing done or has never been done. The hub assembly is a complete c**t and costly, window regulators again another common fault.

If you want a decent five door hatch for you and the kiddies and wifey you realistically want to step away from 225's (unless you're going to part with 5/6k for an R26 but not have the luxury of five doors) then you need to up your budget to 4.5k and settle with a Mazda 3MPS/Golf GTi/Focus ST et al

Without sounding half empty, your kids are going in it, don't do it cheaply if you can afford not to! 2 monkeys just isn't enough for what you're looking for lad.

Its not a car you want to be looking at the lower end of the scale on

Cambelt job is £500 which i'd expect needing done or has never been done. The hub assembly is a complete c**t and costly, window regulators again another common fault.

If you want a decent five door hatch for you and the kiddies and wifey you realistically want to step away from 225's (unless you're going to part with 5/6k for an R26 but not have the luxury of five doors) then you need to up your budget to 4.5k and settle with a Mazda 3MPS/Golf GTi/Focus ST et al

Without sounding half empty, your kids are going in it, don't do it cheaply if you can afford not to! 2 monkeys just isn't enough for what you're looking for lad.
Just thought it'd be nice to stay with the RS models. Did think about focus st as the wife likes em but it's all down to budget. It's pretty tight. TBH the kids will hardly be in it, just s reason to try a different car with the wife's approval. The cup was a practical second car!! That's what I told her anyway..

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its just not a car i'd consider spending less than at least 4.5k on bud, of the RS range, they're likely to be the most neglected due to how few are about and being owned by non enthusiasts.

Although the same could be said of the rest of the cars i've mentioned, they're simply more reliable lol.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
This any good for you? Bought it to rip apart and use the engine but just far too good to split.
image.jpeg

Was looking at cupra's or s3's
The missus hates the cupra and she will be driving it very occasionally. I'm not that much of an Audi fan and s3's in my budget had moon miles on them.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If that's as nice as it looks and knowing of the op on here, I stand corrected. Although not a five door lol

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yeah I'd give you 2k for that:tongueclosed:

If that's as nice as it looks and knowing of the op on here, I stand corrected. Although not a five door lol

Thanks matey. I'm not saying it's perfect but the by far the best I viewed .
And yep not a 5 door but a great family boost bus none the less mate :)
Been driving it as a daily for 2 weeks and I can't believe how good these cars are - very smooth and refined on normal eco family driving but then put your foot down - turns into a wannabe rally car, lol.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
This any good for you? Bought it to rip apart and use the engine but just far too good to split.
View attachment 178306
Facelift too - looks alright that.

Edit - actually looks like a preface with facelifted lights?

Yeah the whole reason I got mine was cos it could be civilised then a hooligan when I felt like it

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Mine is sub 100k but will be 2.5k when it's up for sale in a few weeks. Mines had the cambelt done too

They're a perfect step up from a 172 IMO if you're wanting to stay with a RenaultSport

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
View attachment 178306
I saw that on ebay, it's had a bizarre front end fitted! It's an upper phase 2 bumper with a lower ph1 bumper.

Have you had it off yet to look behind it?

If you do break it I could be interested in that bumper for a couple of quid!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Selling up already. You've only had it a few months?
7 months I've had it. That's a long time for me :)

I hardly use it mate, and it costs my Mrs a fortune to go work in it, so I've bought her a cheap focus to commute in

7 months I've had it. That's a long time for me :)

I hardly use it mate, and it costs my Mrs a fortune to go work in it, so I've bought her a cheap focus to commute in
Fair enough. I only be using 3 times a week as the 2 days I cycle to work. From the basic man maths I've done it shouldn't cost anymore to run than the cup and its a tad more practical size wise.

Just chatting to @mossyv6 about his at the moment so we'll see how that goes:D

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Mine is sub 100k but will be 2.5k when it's up for sale in a few weeks. Mines had the cambelt done too

They're a perfect step up from a 172 IMO if you're wanting to stay with a RenaultSport
Selling up? What's next?

EDIT: just read the above