ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it worth ordering?

Clio Authentique 1.2
Ok so im thinking of ordering these car cleaning products as i want to start looking after my clio after owning in 2 months and endlessly going through car washes... i own a karcher k2.14 pressure washer and want to start putting my clio through the whole process but not on a high professional level so nothing too expensive, just quality mid/cheap priced products... for my christmas/birthday i got a auto glym cleaning kit (polish, shampoo/conditioner, window cleaner, alloy cleaner)

So basically i want to know if what im ordering is accpetable to use and if they are a good quality for a home amateur clean :)

screenshot20101227at223.png

260% JCW
£95 on cleaning stuff, you must be mad. bucket, sponge, Roll of cloth and some Meguiars. Then off to the pub with the rest of the money.

172 RS Ph1
Looks like a neat kit. The clay and lubricator are fine, I don't know the towel but it looks like the one EliteCarCare sells as well (and that ones good).

Im not sure about the Meguiars #26 Hi Tech wax for winter use... but that is only because i have no personal experience with it.

I do see the Dodo Juice Orange Crush for sale there: http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Dodo_Juice_Orange_Crush_8.html
Or if you want something that will deffinately gives you protection through the whole winter, use Collinite 845 http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Collinite_Insulator_Wax_845_1.html
(or 476S, but i prefer the 845 since it's easier to apply and seems to make the paint more slick). Im using the 845 on my clio and water sheets off very easily.

th_c9783b44.jpg
th_4bf2ba60.jpg
th_526beb9f.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
everything looks ok for me, me personaly i wouldnt bother with the Autoglym Polishing Cloths

BG182FF
dont forget to use your discount code! also, i didnt know you got 5l of snow foam free with the snow lance?

£95 on cleaning stuff, you must be mad. bucket, sponge, Roll of cloth and some Meguiars. Then off to the pub with the rest of the money.

£95 on pub drinks, you must be mad.

Last time I checked, a well kept car sold for more than a dilapidated one. This, and the added benefit of having a healthier liver means I know where my money is going!

OP. The kit looks good. Not a fan of DJ born slippy as I feel it is over priced. Same with your choice of wax.

Might you be tempted by a sealant? Longer lasting and better protection for a lower price?

Clio Authentique 1.2
JD can you recommend what clay lube and wax you would use from i4detailing :) cheers... Also does the sealant do the same job as the wax? dont know much about sealants

JD can you recommend what clay lube and wax you would use from i4detailing :) cheers... Also does the sealant do the same job as the wax? dont know much about sealants

My my, you were up late. Not taking Kevster's advice on pub money I hope ;) <--- joke Kevster.

Meguirars No16 Last Touch is my product of choice - it provides great lubrication, but dilutes down a treat as well. There are many, many other products and brands out there, however. It really is down to personal taste and experience with each product line/brand. The above is certainly a good starting point. It can also be used as a quick detailer for removing dust, a drying aid and a pad lubricant, so don't be put off by the "bulk buy".

Wax... depends. Budget, longevity, etc.

A sealant basically does the same thing as a wax. They are both LSPs or Last Stage Products/Protectants. A sealant is likely to last much longer than a wax, and I would advise this course of action to those that tend not to wash their car as often as others, or top up protection as often. However, waxes look better... to some!

Clio Authentique 1.2
hahaha nope just watching the ashes... thanks mate i will have a look at your recommendations and ordering tomorrow when banks finally open :/