ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my meoooow knackered (CAT)

S2 106 GTI
Since fitting my Orb the noise has been fantastic - had a little issue with fitting etc....blowing for the joint at the cat. Just recently though I have noticed that when the revs get to around 4-5k there is a noise like it was blowing again, I checked it and nothing was blowing. The noise sounds like a metal ting noise. You can only hear it when you put your foot down???

*Also to add* when I was under the car listening to see where/if the blowing was coming from it sounded like it was coming from more up the manifold - but you can't hear it from the top side.

S2 106 GTI
bit of an update tonight - I parked up and gave the car a few revs, when the revs were higher and you backed off it sounded like something was loose? like a metal vibration. But nothing is loose - I am thinking of trying a decat to see if the cat is the cause. bit cheaper lol

172 Exclusive... For Sale
It could be a shield around the exhaust? I thinkI have the same problem y'know, my cat is also gone to as engine management light confirms this.