ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is my rt carb or injection

well i would probably say there injection as my 1.2 h reg clio is injection so i just guess its injection thats why that have induction kits or can you put an induction kit on a carbd car 2?

Most RTs were Injection. but if it has a CHOKE lever then its a carb like mine.

Does yours have a choke lever???

NOT a good idea to put an induction kit on a carb. itll run like a dog and youll have big problems with carb frost in winter

on a carb engine you need to get hold of a BOLT ON filter. Unfortunately nobody makes them for the Clio 1.4 Carb model. also if you do manage to get one youll need to get your carb re-set up by a professional mechanic.

Some carb engines have automatic chokes,

So u wouldnt need a lever...

My mate had a K-reg RT and hers was an Injection model

Well a mate of mine says his RT is a carb, and I cant see any injection type things that i can on mine, but he doesnt have a choke. He also just has a bolt on filter apposed to an IK. His bolt on is a K&N.

Paul

All standard RT models as far is i can find out J and up are either Single Point injection, but im sure the later ones are multipoint.

Id say there wasnt a Carbd Clio RT made by Renault at all...

This is all based on an hour of searching round on the net, so poss incorrect...

Mk2 172

You guys getting SPI and carb mixed up?

Carb mixes a single intake of air to a single "evaporating pool" of petrol.

SPI does the same thing, but has a more efficient injector rather than evaporation pool.

Looks pretty much the same from the top. Your RT has SPI.

why dont you all take some pics and itll be sorted in 3 secs.

But all RTs officially sold will have SPi.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

As someone said, on mk1 Clios, if its got a choke lever, its a carb but these were very very very early models, think they used same engine that was in the old R19. It being phase 1, gonna be a single point injection, late phase 2 and phase 3 mk1 where multipoint. 5bhp less but more torque, hence quicker to the 60 then the phase 1.

Ben R, dont wanna pick faults but the mk1 phase 3 Clio RT was multipoint injection, this was the facelift model with the rounder headlights but basic mk1 shape, had that weird extra rear brake light.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

I havent no but you know which model Im on about dont ya!! Mk1 phase 3, only made for a couple of years before being replaced with the mk2 bug eyed Clio.

Think they were late N through to early R, switched over to the mk2 at R I think, dont quote me on that though!

Ive got a N but its phase 2, SPI engine but Ive seen N on phase 3 with the MPI engine as well, weird Renault again innit.

Mk2 172

Sounds like your answer tomtom. phone around some scrappies, and see if you can find an old engine & ECU from a Mk1, phase 3 (with the extra brake light under the rear wiper).