ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is my throttle body normal?

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
I have a very noisy throttle body the noise changes to a high pitch sound for a secand then carrys on doing what it does in the video... car has a slight missfire and loves cutting out but not why driving just when i stop at lights ect or do full lock.on power steering engine light comes on and off now and then

th_20140424_184720_zpsdf9def9f.jpg

late 2003 172cup
If it helps mine was noisey, and kept cutting out when I pulled up to stop here and there. It eventually stopped working and my car would not start. I bought a second hand one for £40. Normally they get stuck open and full throttle.
But mine got stuck closed. Prone to fail I have read so getting a spare on standby would not hurt ;)

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Maybe thats why it cuts out were it gets stuck closed like a sticky carb i guess lol ill order another one.. if i can get a 64mm tb for a good price would.it be worth getting one? Or just.stick to a normal one

If it helps mine was noisey, and kept cutting out when I pulled up to stop here and there. It eventually stopped working and my car would not start. I bought a second hand one for £40. Normally they get stuck open and full throttle.
But mine got stuck closed. Prone to fail I have read so getting a spare on standby would not hurt ;)

late 2003 172cup
Someone once said and I reckon it's got weight to it, why add more air and not add more fuel? Plus how unreliable they are I would just stick with standard ones. Large one is £125 a pop! I would put your money into something else.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
I dident think they would he any good thanks for the help

Someone once said and I reckon it's got weight to it, why add more air and not add more fuel? Plus how unreliable they are I would just stick with standard ones. Large one is £125 a pop! I would put your money into something else.