ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is PSN busted?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
probably, ps3 is a sack of s**t. angers me so much i just dont use it anymore and only go on xbox

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Updates usually take like 10mins from download to fully installed... That's on an old skl 20gb machine with only 10mb of BB speed.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Updates usually take like 10mins from download to fully installed... That's on an old skl 20gb machine with only 10mb of BB speed.

im lucky to get 1mb download speeds where i live. xbox is always pretty much instant and ps3 takes ages

not to mention ps3 updates every single time i go on and by the time its done i just cbf to play anything anymore

It's always busted. Download speeds are pathetic at the best of times. Doesn't come close to utilising even 2% of my internet connection.

Tripe.

Octy VRS
Download it online and install it from usb. Piece of piss, takes about 5 mins. Or get PSN+ and let it do it while you're at work.

I have PSN+ and it makes no difference to the quality of my PSN speed experience. It's truly awful.

Granted my PS3 uses a wireless network connection, but even so, the speeds are clearly limited by the PSN servers.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Download it online and install it from usb. Piece of piss, takes about 5 mins. Or get PSN+ and let it do it while you're at work.

both are effort. its just annoying when you get a free evening and think ill turn it on for a few hours. turn it on and spend the first 30 minutes updating, then the misses comes home and your out of time :mad:

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I've been on mine all afternoon and started by doing the update, been perfect all day long. I can honestly say i've never had any issues with updates either.

I wouldn't have owned an xbox if I was a fanboy Roy, thanks for your input though.

Dude, you're the biggest fanboy Ive ever witnessed, and that's a bold statement. You're unable to read a negative view of a product you own without roiding up. Proven. What are you gonna do this time? Cry to admin and get freedom of speech banned again?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, I never complained about freedom of speech i'll tell you exactly what I complained about, it was a member of admin threatening with points because he didn't like someone else's point of view. So who are you bumming to find out I complained anyway, I wasn't aware it was a public matter?

Nice, I never complained about freedom of speech i'll tell you exactly what I complained about, it was a member of admin threatening with points because he didn't like someone else's point of view. So who are you bumming to find out I complained anyway, I wasn't aware it was a public matter?

Revels posted about it on the forum, and you were aware of it at the time. Maybe you were pissed and forgot?

Megane Mk4
I have 3 PS3's under my bed.. It's a real pain in the arse trying to keep them all updated. ;)

Seriously though, I'm slowly getting fed up of the numerous updates, last one was only so it could put a few new added icons in the XMB menu and a warning for epilepsy when you switch it on.. Besides this, am I the only one to notice they've f**ked up and have 2 menu icons for the PSN store in 2 different places??

Audi TT 225 Quattro
LOL at psn being slow, when i download the updates i get a solid 2mb per sec transfer rate ( same as i get on the pc when downloading) so not exactly what i would call slow ...