ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this a scam

Frp powered Zs
Well recently advertised my clio in the auto trader and i have been recieving phone calls from a company called auto mart i think its called, they say they have several customers interested in my clio and the way it works is they get fianance off this company. But the the only thing is they ask for a fee of 79.99 which is fully refundable once the car is sold.
What i dont understand is i would be getting there sevices for free and you never get anything for free.

Cheers!

dont do it! i researched into this, and people say they fell for it, paid their £80 and never heard a thing again. i even typed the phone number that came up on my mobile, into google and it came up with this complaints/scams website where people have been scammed etc.

Frp powered Zs
Cheers for the advice, i thought it sounded to good to be true. they must have rang me 4 or 5 times now. Theres something about the way they talk to you, you can just tell its something dodgy.

Frp powered Zs
Apparently there ringing me back monday, think ill pass on some friendly abuse when they do. Its not on though, why do autotrader allow them to gain access to all your details.

cock mobile.
Complete scammers, I've had a few calls from companies offering "free" magazines etc, just say "Fook off"!

172 Cup
Jons Cup said:
Apparently there ringing me back monday, think ill pass on some friendly abuse when they do. Its not on though, why do autotrader allow them to gain access to all your details.

Details? You mean the phone number you included in the advert?

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Just tell them to get the buyers to contact you if they are that intersted in buying the car.

w*****s IMO

muz

big fat japanese bus
they are agencies who sell your car to people who cant get finance normally - they charge 20% at least APR. THis is why you will see "no agencies" on loads of adverts

No more clio's for me!
I'm ashamed to say, I got done by something like this when i sold i'm first clio due to being utterly deseparate, their scamming little feckers, stay well clear!

My trusty lil 182 :)
I had a few when I sold my last car. Told 'em fine, you send the buyer and when they buy the car I'll give you your £80. Weren't so keen on it that way round - wonder why??

182 + Cup
White16valver said:
Tell them you just have to go and do something so can they hang on for a minute, then put the phone down and just go and watch telly LoL

Superb! I'll have to remember that one....

172 mk2...with clima
White16valver said:
Tell them you just have to go and do something so can they hang on for a minute, then put the phone down and just go and watch telly LoL

yup, after selling my last car this is what i did in the end. Tell them you are really interested but say your other phone is rining, then put the mobile phone on mute and just put it on the desk. You can even sound really interested and see how long you can keep them on the line for.