ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this clutch going to be worse than OEM? lol

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I saw them when i was in the market for a new clutch. Bottled it though TBH as i couldnt be bothered to get the box back out if it was shite!

M

mini-valver

WTF have you broke now man? You only bought it like a week ago, lol.

Clio Trophy/Boxster
One of those things (toilet roll, condoms etc) not to skimp on IMHO

R2TR (who knows of a Turbo Mini that ate a cheap clutch a month)

lift number 1 @ btm
there is someone on racecarsdirect selling all the r-sport old stock at the moment, might be worth a call to see if they have one of the race clutches?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
adey not andy lol

stock ovlov clutch will take about 220lbft of abuse b4 slipping, the volvo 1.7 turbo is based on a renault f block engine, so i though id take a look at it, the locating lugs (3 of the) for the cover are less than 1mm away from the 172 ones, so i used a needle file to open them out a little, while i was doing it i thought i might aswell go for a decent friction plate, on to helix and ordered a 4 puk sprung center ceremetalic of the right thickness as the volvo one is thicker than the renault one, chucked it all together bish bash bosh job done, cost was about 260 all in , i purchased a complete volvo clutch kit, a helix friction plate and a genuine renault release bearing

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
stay well away from them mate i had one and it lasted 3 weeks, and they wont give me my money back wank3rs total piece of carp stay well away from the company

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
i looked at a few reviews and techniclutches had all bad ones, so I went OEM, i cant comment on your second link though.