ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this correct?

2006 renault clio1.2
Hi everyone. Im new to this.. its my first car and doing my first upgrade, I was just wondering if this was correct, posted this on another forum and got some pretty harsh comments, Please be kind any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• 87728877_193778735269016_2575481025991802880_n.jpg
    87728877_193778735269016_2575481025991802880_n.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 174
  2006 renault clio1.2
Can't see anything wrong with that. Should add some decent induction noise.
THANK YOU! i've ordered a pipe just so its more at the front of the engine where that other intake pipe is just for some more air. Thank you so much for the reply i appreciate it buddy!

2006 renault clio1.2
Yeah, don't expect the car to be any faster, if anything it could make it slower due to heat soak but itl sound good
Yeah i have noticed the power a bit, pulls a lot more in 1st and second when putting my foot to the floor! Is there any way of making it a tad faster? Or just got for a non pod filter?

Which engine is it? Any major gains on a naturally aspirated engine are hard to get, and it makes economic sense to save up for a car that is faster as standard (rather than spend (more) money making a slower car go faster).

Have you informed your insurers of the change / modification?

monaco 172
I wouldn't worry about it mate. I ran my old 1.2 for years like that, just accept that it's a slow car and save up for your next car.

There's really not a lot you can do to a 1.2 to make it any faster, just enjoy it for what it is.

2006 renault clio1.2
thanks mate. and thanks everyone, i got roasted in another forum so it really made me stress constantly So just leave it how it is? As for the exhaust.. It sounds awful do you know any cheap exhausts for under 100 pounds?

Haterz gonna hate! lol

Not sure about exhausts - probably not much you could do apart from add a bigger backbone to give it a bit more 'bass' and volume. It will never sound like something mad, and don't drill the box so it sounds like a tin can ;) but it should be possible to make it sound a bit more gutsy without making it sound 'chav' :)

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
thanks mate. and thanks everyone, i got roasted in another forum so it really made me stress constantly So just leave it how it is? As for the exhaust.. It sounds awful do you know any cheap exhausts for under 100 pounds?

ha, you’d probably find the same people were doing the same thing to their cars when they were young.

You were lucky on here that someone nice got in first to be fair! :D

2006 renault clio1.2
Haha! trust me clio's engine bays are small and its a little pain in the ass, i managed to get that pipe on with a bit of work and jubilee clips, sounds farrrr better than the other one, its facing near the back but away from the engine so the air going underneath the car can just be sucked in, no engine management light everythings tight and secure! ill take a picture and post it in ::)