ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this going to work (ALEX)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
No

Whilst you own the hardware, you don't even own the licence for any of the software installed on it.

If you cancelled the subscription, they will probably remote wipe your machine :p

Edit: I don't like this clause in their T&C's

11.3 We shall endeavour to make sure the Services and Software are available to you 98 per cent of the time, other than where we are undertaking maintenance of the Vault or where any downtime of the Vault or Broadband Services is caused by reasons beyond our control

98% uptime is rubbish :p

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I can see their target market, and it might well work them.

People that go to PC World and believe a bigger monitor means a faster machine

Diesel Barge
One of our old employees has/had an interview with them, to work on the marketing. tbh it seems a good idea for the older generation, but to charge a monthly subscription even when not using their broadband seems a bit cheeky imo.

i find with old people the biggest challenge they have is just mouse control and listening and or actually caring enough to learn something new

Diesel Barge
just watching teh video and so far web and email are just the same as any other pc as are the photos on vista/7

Thats what i dont get, they just seem to have replaced the usual ie/firefox logo with a nice big web logo, you could do similar stuff to windows with the right tools I imagine.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Thats what i dont get, they just seem to have replaced the usual ie/firefox logo with a nice big web logo, you could do similar stuff to windows with the right tools I imagine.

It's just a Windows shell replacement, plenty of them already exist