ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is This Insurance To Much?

Black Clio 182
i am test driving a 182 on saturday and am hoping of getting one very soon. i had a couple of quotes on insurance not long ago for around £1500 which i was happy with. but ive just gotten a quote from admiral and elephant and they have gone up to £1800, i feel this is a bit steep as im paying £800 now on my 1.2 clio at 20. this quote is for having 3 points on my lisence for speeding though. i really want a 182 but i feel the insurance might stop me and make me hold back for a while. i have got 2 years no claims atm and i will get my 3rd year around august time but i want the 182 now lol. the quote is with my mum on as a second driver too. bloody insurance.

what do you reckon of the prices, to much? my insurance on my current car is with admiral and is all paid off as my mum wanted me to pay it off all in one go. so i would lose that money wouldnt i if i changed insurance company?

at 21 you'll notice quite a bid drop in premium, but i would no longer pay that for insurance, i have previously paid more, but realised it was a stupid idea after i'd sold the car in question

do a theoretical quote for when you're 21, should be a little better for you

Black Clio 182
it would be £1100 and thats with my mum as second driver still. is better i know but its like a year away until im 21. buying a new car is tough stuff lol

clio 182 black /gold
These prices are scandel the most i have ever paid is £430 and this is for my clio fully comp.

Engles Mummy
Hello m8,

I am 18 with a cup and paying a stupid amount of insurance! But I don't care; because it’s not about the money...it’s about the smile on your face!

Try bell, they gave me the best deal...if you can even call it a deal lol.

Good luck!

Adam

cock mobile.
As subway says; it depends how much you want it!!

I paid £1400 last year and I was 22, but I had to have my Cup so just went and done it!

Megane225FF
why not try getting a used 182? Maybe a little lower on the insurance due to being valued a little lower + you'll have extra pennies by not paying full price for a brand new 182?

Black Clio 182
but there is a bit of a difference between paying £800 atm and £1800, only if i hadnt got 3 points on my license then it would be £1500 and i would do it.

cock mobile.
How about a 172 then? You can get Mk2s so cheap now, and that will allow more money for insurance!

Black Clio 182
can insurance companies check how many miles you do a year? i mean say if i thought i would do less miles than i acturely do?

Black Clio 182
whys that, how would they know how many miles you have done in that year? you dont have to say the milage on the car when you get the quote so how do they know that you have done either 10,000 miles or 5,000 miles?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Do it. I'm 20. 6points, 1 crash non fault and 0NCB On a 172 it was £1100 With Virgin.

If they say it's too higher ins group for a 20yr old, say you've had the car yr! I'm under the garage policy, so it's a lil different, But Virgin give good quotes. I would neva pay 1800£ tho

Black Clio 182
well if i say i do 10,000 miles its £1800ish but if i say 5,000 miles its £1600ish,

i just want to know how do they know how many miles ive done in that year?

cock mobile.
They ask where you work?

Then work out the commuting miles, which in your case would probably take it way over 10k even!

plus if you bin it they'll just request to see the previous mot certificate, comparing the mileage will give them a bloody good idea how many miles you do in a year

best bet it to wait for a little while, it won't come down drastically as the clio is an expensive car to insure for under 25's, especially round here where they are quite commonly found on the middle of roundabouts, or central reservations

172 phaseII
i am 19 with a 172, 2 yrs ncb = 1600

nick_r with a 182, 19, 2yrs ncb = 1400

d_cobley with a 182, 20, 0yrs ncb = 1500

think we are all insured on admiral, nick maybe bell??? but we all live in a close area to each other.

mk1 172
Some insurance companies want you to sign a mileage decleration, so give then the current mileage with your signature. They then will ask for supporting documents eg MOT's.

So when you stack, they will check the mileage. Its quite easily done.

Also as for the cost. In all fairness you are looking at moving up at least 10 insurance groups. 1.2 to a 2.0. probably 5/6 - 16/17 (depending on insurance company)

So £800 for a 1.2 is maybe a bit steep (probably still being quite young and having points). However you can't expect a 182 to be less than approx the prices your being quoted based on that figure.

The figures speak for themselves really, drivers between the ages of 17-24 account for about 10% of all drivers on the roads, but something like 25% of all accidents (sure i read these figures somewhere, sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong)

There is a huge dif between 20 & 21..........£2540 for me at 20 and £874 at 21...........for the Vee.

Cya Stu

Racing Blue 182
they can only tell your mileage by mot certs, so if you get a 182 it wont have them so no way of finding out.

Admiral dont ask you to sign any kind of declaration so u wud b fine

Hopefully 172 soon
well i have just got an insurance quote for a 172 and im 19 with 1 year NCB for £1630. Fully comp. Not to bad i thought.