ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this my Monaco Blue paint code?

Monaco Blue Mk2
Am I right in thinking that NV432 is the paint code for my Monaco Blue Pearl Mk2 Ph1?

DSC00147.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v213/Nil_Satis_Memorabilia/?action=view&current=DSC00147.jpg

Lots of Alfas
OUCH how did that happen? Yeah its 432 but when I went to a bodyshop there are about 6 different shades of it from different batches of cars made so its quite hard to match.

Monaco Blue Mk2
^ Hahaha!

No they're not scratches! lol Loads of people think it is though, It's just because it is so shiny and clean in that picture and where the sun shines through the bush and reflects.

Thanks for the reply, I'm guessing they blend it to match. I'm wanting to have a little go a colour coding myself so I guess there's no way of getting the right shade in a can, just the right code?

Last edited:
  B-road bully
ur brave mate, i was thinkin the same ill jus get a pro to do it, atleast i can blame som1 if it goes wrong! they sell renault monaco blue in halfuds cant gurantee its the same shade tho.

Monaco Blue Mk2
dfifty1 said:
ur brave mate, i was thinkin the same ill jus get a pro to do it, atleast i can blame som1 if it goes wrong! they sell renault monaco blue in halfuds cant gurantee its the same shade tho.

lol, well if it goes wrong, what have I lost, £20 tops? Worth a go and if it's shite then I'll get it done professionaly. There's a cars 'n' bikes place by me that does renault monaco blue aswel as halfords but I'm gonna order it mixed up from http://www.auto-paint.co.uk/SHOP/Out/index.htm?catalog.htm&1

Is yours colour coded? Any Pics?

Lots of Alfas
Blue4Ever said:
^ Hahaha!

No they're not scratches! lol Loads of people think it is though, It's just because it is so shiny and clean in that picture and where the sun shines through the bush and reflects.

Thanks for the reply, I'm guessing they blend it to match. I'm wanting to have a little go a colour coding myself so I guess there's no way of getting the right shade in a can, just the right code?

LOL when I first saw the pic I thought someone had rammed a shopping trolley into your car or something! Reminds me that my car needs a clean. Halfords sell 432 monaco blue and I have found it to be a good match for my car. I used it to colourcode my foglight surrounds but got a friend who works at a bodyshop to colourcode the big parts like side strips and bumpers. He mixed the paint using a guide the bodyshop had and got the shade right after 3 attempts.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Thanks, I'll have a little experiment with both the and see which is the best match. Just need some parts now. Good ones for me to try on would be the fog surrounds, bootlock, and handles IMO, don't suppose you have any or know part numbers and rough costs from renault!?