ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this ride height correct?

Hi all,

Ever since I have had my Clio Dci 80 the ride height has been a bit odd, its much lower at the front than the back, I know that the engine is heavier meaning that it could be slightly lower at the front but its around 2" lower at the front vs the back.

Just taken a photo of my car from the side to show everyone what I mean, the car also feels a bit choppy when driving, my guess is perhaps the front springs have been replaced with some 1.2 petrol springs which aren't strong enough for the heavier engine.

IMG_20151012_175042_zpsfvvkg7ys.jpg

I am tempted to refresh my suspension at some point as I had a rear spring snap a while back which failed the MOT - tempted to get uprated springs and dampers all round. I could technically just buy that kit and just fit the rear springs to lower to the car to the ride height of the front - the car is on 137k miles at the moment.

I think the lower ride height at the front could be perhaps due to having old springs and dampers which have just worn and now aren't retaining the stock ride height. As I said the ride is fairly choppy and can be unsettled slightly on the road so I have a feeling they are either worn springs and dampers or has already had a lowering kit fitted at some point (but only at the front!).

Looks rather odd?
Thats what I thought, think I might look at getting new springs and dampers , I know some of the Renaultsport models have a slight rake but I have had my car scuff kerbs sometimes and its 100% stock so I am guessing tired dampers.