ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this the new Twingo RS?

Lee

BMW M2C
That's a bit harsh Ralph. I reckon it will be a great fun little car at a very attractive price. It won't set the world on fire but it will allow people to experience what Renault Sport cars are about for less money.

The standard Twingo is actually quite fun to drive, so they've got a decent platform to build on.

Renault aren't British Leyland and not going to bring out a lesser model that competes with a more expensive model.

Still based on the mk2 clio platform at least its going to handle nice.

Harsh yes, then again I sat in a twingo gt the other day........wasn't a fan of anything.

Panda owns it IMO.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I don't think the price is bargain basement though, I think they could have done a lot more with the interior to make it more appealing without having to raise the price, it seems to have poor design choices IMHO (naming the stereo 'pod' for starters)

Lee

BMW M2C
I'll have to remove the signed Alonso and Fisi Trophy picture from the landing, it'll just upset me. lol

It's not Panda cheap, but it's still a good chunk cheaper than the Clio. RRP that is.

I don't think the price is bargain basement though, I think they could have done a lot more with the interior to make it more appealing without having to raise the price, it seems to have poor design choices IMHO (naming the stereo 'pod' for starters)

I'm guessing there is more chance of Bella Emberg becoming a size 8 than getting recaros and climate then lol.

I'll have to remove the signed Alonso and Fisi Trophy picture from the landing, it'll just upset me. lol

It's not Panda cheap, but it's still a good chunk cheaper than the Clio. RRP that is.

Lol @ the picture, at least Alonso still drives for them ;) again...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm guessing there is more chance of Bella Emberg becoming a size 8 than getting recaros and climate then lol.

Lol @ the picture, at least Alonso still drives for them ;) again...

lol, the Recaro option removes the other seats making a single seater. ;)

Renault aren't British Leyland and not going to bring out a lesser model that competes with a more expensive model.

Still based on the mk2 clio platform at least its going to handle nice.

Harsh yes, then again I sat in a twingo gt the other day........wasn't a fan of anything.

Panda owns it IMO.

Fiat gear boxes are made of chocolate tho...

Megane Mk4
40156-1-concept.jpg

looks good. hope it meets my expectations

Ahh the good old concept they had at World Renault Series ;)

Doubt it'll look anything like that just to keep the cost down for the buyer.

CB600FS
If the twingo has a 1.4 turbo or above and is based on the 172 floor plan and is near 10k i'll buy it.

The Twingo uses the MK2 chassis. Whether the Sport is based on a MK2 one I don't know but the GT/Dynamique is.

As Gareth said aswell yeah we all know its not going to be quicker than a 197, thats not what its for. Its for the younger lot, cheaper cost, insurance, yeah a bit slower its not supposed to beat a 197.

However if they shoe horned the 2.0 DCI 175 in there, Woah.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
That's a bit harsh Ralph. I reckon it will be a great fun little car at a very attractive price. It won't set the world on fire but it will allow people to experience what Renault Sport cars are about for less money.

The standard Twingo is actually quite fun to drive, so they've got a decent platform to build on.

I'll second that. I tested one for work a while ago, and with the TCE motor it's a great little car around town. It just rolls too much, that's all. With sorted suspension and more moo, it could be a real hit.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm quite looking forward to playing with one again at the end of Feb. The dealer is letting me borrow one for the week before my car arrives, so I can sell the Trophy and let the money clear. I expect it will just be the Dynamique, but even they's quite fun.

Sounds like its more fun due to being not your real car.

As an ownership prospect the twingo, really don't excite me, but then again I'm the wrong audience I suppose.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'd go with that mate. I wouldn't buy one, everyone at work reckons I'm gay driving a Clio as it is. The grief I got when I bought a red one with stickers on the sills, they can't wait for me to get the Cup in white. lol

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
Maybe it's already posted somewhere, but in the new RS there will be the 1.2T with 140hp.