ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this the part?

PH2 Clio 172
Just phoned the Ren' dealer as a little comparison. They want £37.58 for a kit for each side which has the top cup and bearing plate, also the guy said I will need a shim for each side at £4.21 each.

Can anyone else confirm the part I posted a link to is the only bit I will need or will I need the other bit of the friction bearing too?
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...127e72120a4e70697498b8ec8ece191b2383733a&FLXM

Just want to be sure I solve the knocking issue first time without spending a fortune on it.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I am sure I read that Kangoo Mounts were the same and cheaper somewhere? Might be worth asking Fred.

PH2 Clio 172
Finally got round to fixing this problem. I went to the local Euro Car Parts place (the one I went to was actually called GSF Car Parts).
I got the guy to look the top mount bearings up, he came up with a part number and had 2 in stock. Came to £22.80p for both.

It's not the part I linked to earlier in the thread, I was fairly sure it wasn't that's why I started this thread.

Planning to fit then this weekend as the final test....

GSF No: 457RE0050
Part number: R45712
Description: Strut Top Bearing-FR

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I am sure I read that Kangoo Mounts were the same and cheaper somewhere? Might be worth asking Fred.

IIRC the Clio and Kangoo mounts are the same for the top mounts, I'll have to double check that.

But the engine mount top right one is defo the same as a Kangoo diesel.

IIRC the Clio and Kangoo mounts are the same for the top mounts, I'll have to double check that.

But the engine mount top right one is defo the same as a Kangoo diesel.

Out of interest what's the price of the top o/s mount posted?

PH2 Clio 172
Bearings went in fine, a direct replacement for the originals. The knocking is still there ... annoying! I am going to head back to the main dealer and find out about the shim they recommended. I heard from a chap on a local CS meet a while back about putting a washer in to stop the knocking; guessing the shim Renault list is that part. At £4 each its worth a go, plus if the guy can show me on the exploded diagram where in the top of the strut it goes that will be a bonus.