ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this the right price for a service

S

Scott182

That is good mate,we paid Dixon Renault £219 for our 12k service.

And i dont need the air filter doing cos i put a itg one on the other month, so how much will that knock off, oh and i get 10% off

S

Scott182

Our 12k service they didnt change the airfilter..Should they have?

....Goes off to find service book....

Got a quote from Renault dealer in Coventry for my first 12000mile service which was £260!!

Found out that providing you use Renault parts you can get it done at any VAT registered garage and still keep your warrenty (checked this with Renault UK)

So I bought air filter and oil filter from the dealer kept the receipts they also sold me 5 litres of elf 5w40 oil for about £20. Then paid my local garage £80 to do the service. Total cost was about £120.

R

rich[182]

air filter for 172/172 is £15 + vat according to my 24k service invoice last week
cost me £144 inc vat, i supplied oil which cost me £33 for 5l shell helix ultra 5w-40

I know you kind of have to take it to Renault and FRSH is better than FSH, but those prices are a complete joke, to change the oil+filter and air filter for nearly £200?!? Its ridiculous! If it was somewhere like BMW where they do proper inspections, trained technicians etc, I just get the feeling that at Renault they are a bunch of muppets who deal with boring meganes, scenics all day and who dont give a toss about what they are doing or dont completely understand the Clio 172 and its complexities.

I would not trust Renault, find a decent independant garage who you trust are not going to rip you off and also have the relevant expertise to deal with the Clio 172.

Also make sure your screenwash, coolant are fully topped up or specify that you dont wantr them to touch it otherwise the muppets will charge you about £4 for water. I have used Renault Manchester a few times and they are a bunch of half-wits who dont give a toss about your car or you the customer.

Quote: Originally posted by Dave3141 on 31 August 2005

does anyone stick around while theydo the service?I dont trust anyone with my car.
I stuck around but didnt watch it, must have taken 45 minutes max and that included work on a non-urgent "recall" on the airbag.

I filled my screenwash right up (with the correct strength wash as well) an hour before the service, and the buggers emptied it out and refilled it, charging me in the process!

Other than that no complaints, considering how quick a 12k service is I cant believe some places charge £250 or whatever. Looking at the breakdown of my bill (£172) I really cant see how they can charge more.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 31 August 2005

Looking at the breakdown of my bill (£172) I really cant see how they can charge more.
Do they charge £182 for 182s? :p

Quote: Originally posted by Racing Blue on 31 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 31 August 2005

Looking at the breakdown of my bill (£172) I really cant see how they can charge more.
Do they charge £182 for 182s? :p
Woman on the desk did have a good laugh when the price came out as that, saying that I did too after all the £200+ quotes I got locally before it!

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Dave3141 on 31 August 2005

does anyone stick around while theydo the service?I dont trust anyone with my car.

skipton renault, £140 me supplying oil. Change air and babin filters and they kept them for me so i could see how dirty they were.

Waited with it and watched him do it rhough the hatch. Its about 40 mins work thats all.

Titanium 182

b*stard garages in Medway (Kent) all want arount £320 + VAT for the 182 12k service. Just seem to feel were being taken for a ride down here.

Neil