ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this too Low????

Lowered it yesterday - I think it looks good but may be a bit too low - what do you guys think

TimsCar006.jpg

TimsCar005.jpg

Fk Konigsport coilovers - the camber is screwed at the mo so will get it aligned tomorrow but bit worried about the front as nearly wound all the way up and its still fookin low

Clio 172mk2
looks about same as mine problem is the renault jack wont lift the car , so had to buy another , mine`s 12.5cm off ground to the jacking points

anyone got any tips for stoppin the wheel rubbing the annoying piece of plastic covering the bumper mount - pictures if possible of what you have done

"Navy" N17 TWO
looks well nice :)

I've the highsports on the way for mine, will I need to change my jack?
I have the Koncept skirts too if it makes any difference

timsclio172 said:
anyone got any tips for stoppin the wheel rubbing the annoying piece of plastic covering the bumper mount - pictures if possible of what you have done

raise it back up, remove the arch liner or cut the piece that rubs off.

one of my mates is a mechanic so he did it with a little help from his brother who works for Spax. Unfortunately the brother was not there all day or it would have been a whole lot simpler. Although he did not approve of the height - Spax kits are Gas and are more adjustable but fixed height at the rear.

i knew you would say that!
I showed my mate your car last night and he couldnt believe how low it is. your springs must be fully compressed!
Fred can you get stiffer springs for the front as nearly wound to the top and still fookin low (IMO)

also how do you tighten the top of the front shocks - the thread does not stick out enough to hold it and tighten the nut - any ideas?

S reg'd Clio 1.4 RT
Looks cool!
front looks lower!

Plenty ride height there!

Higher off the ground than my fiesta! :p

Only dropping the clio 35mm, probs over 15's or v. low prof. 16's!

need to keep it sensible! lol

Looks fine to me maybe a bit lower at the front of higher at the back to even it out but each to there own.
To be truly low you have to be driving onto plank of wood and then still have to have someone rock the car just to get a super low jack under it.
I think mine was set with 6cm clearance at the front at one point it was way to difficult to use.