ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Issue with the 182

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Hi all

Wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction. I was up in Telford this weekend for business and drove back from there yesterday. I got about 45 miles into the drive to Kent and I noticed the temperature gauge was dropping when I hit traffic, then the car felt like it went into limp mode so I got off at the junction near me. I found a car park to stop at and the engine then just completely stopped. The roadside recovery fella turned up but by then the car was turning over and seemed ok without him even touching it. He had a look at the computer and I had a lamba fault showing and a couple of old faults so he cleared them all.

I decided to drive the car back the remaining 140 miles at 65 and it got me home ok.

Has anyone had this happen to them ?

Anyone know what could of made the car have a moment like this ??

Cheers

Clio 182 Full Fat
The red circle on the right

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 50
  clio 172
That isn't the coolant temp sensor lol why on earth would it be on the inlet manifold?!
to the op: I'd be investigating the lambda fault

Clio 182
Exactly the same happened to mine when the coolant temp sensor failed. If memory serves its a bit lower than the part circled in the picture but the same area (ish), right near the thermostat.

Last edited: