ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It died in 2 days :(

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Here are pictures of my MK! valver I got on saturday.

valver2.jpg
valver1.jpg

Its dead though. the RAC man said the ECU is knackered maybe. I dont know though. It cut out like it had no petrol but there was £30 in the tank. There is no petrol getting to the engine and its not sparking at all. I dont know what to do.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
OH! And the relay theat controls the fuel pump is going crazy. ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF!!!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
OH! And the relay that controls the fuel pump is going crazy. ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF!!!

megane coupe F7R
Danny-ACE! said:
How do I check it and where is it on the gear box? Ill go and look now.

You need to take off your air box mate and then you will see the gearbox. The earths are just random wires bolted on to it. I suggest you take them off, get some sand paper and sand the connections so they are shiney and then bolt them back on extra tight. There is an earth strap down there near the front too which is hard to get to. Try a few other earths as well :)

Might be worht resetting the ecu as well

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Erm, I have just found the engine mount that hold the right hand right (gearbox) has actually snapped all the threads off the gearbox housing and its not holding the engine at all. The engine i being held on by one mount. Ill be back later

In that case check the the dog bonemount underneath the car hasnt snappedcausing the gearbox mount the ripout.. its probably snpped the earth braid off.

if that is the caseim afraid that you will need a new gearbox.. unless you can screw in to the old gearbox holes.
if the thread is broke then its bad news im afraid.

ive seen this happen on my mates Williams. Newbox for him.

anyway.. locate the snapped earth and fix.. new earthing braid is availiable from halfords for £3 ish

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Ok. He had a new clutch put in about 3 weeks ago. The garage that did it has wrecked all the threads on the gearbox housing. The bodged it together and put somekind of glue/sealent inside the threads. This stuff has gave way while I was driving and some kind of earth of something has been disconnected and stopped the car from working I think.

I only drove the car twice and did about 30 miles in it.

I dont know what to do. The bloke I got it off is coming down to look at it in a bit. Any advise?

Ill take some pictures for you.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
sounds very earth-like, from someone whos got Mini's, a crap earth is the root of all evils!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
What is the Gearbox Model? There is a Williams JC5 on ebay at the moment. I imagine it would fit Its just I would need to change the internals over?

Ziel Nurburgring
Ask for your cash back mate, if the Gbox is buggered as well as the earths, it sounds like it could be a bit of a dog.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
DSC00674.jpg
DSC00670.jpg
DSC00669.jpg

Here are some pictures of whats happened.

As you can see the small metal bit in the last picture has came off of that gearbox housing pictured in the first picture. The bolts look like they are too long and thats why they have knackered.