ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

itb question

ibiza cupra
Im hopfully looking to either get mine throttle bodied or buy a newer one with less miles than mine that has already been done or even better, turbo`d :).

But I was just wondering, if I were to end up putting itb`s on mine wether I would need to change the conrod and big end bearings as mine has done nearly 130,000 miles and Im worried that it may not take the extra stress.

would I need to worry about this or would it be ok?

53 Clio's & counting
I itb'd mine on approx 133k, and it got death, track days, santa pod - you name it - look after it and it will be fine.
Of course, preventative maintinance is good, so a refresh wouldnt hurt, but not 100% nessesary imo as long as yours is healthy.

get a compression/leakdown test maybe

ibiza cupra
sound, cheers chaps :)

i remember yours russ, i meet you at santa pod that once (not sure if you remember lol)

ibiza cupra
not bad ta, i see you got another clio lol. decided to itb mine in the end, just trying to get the fund sorted for it as ive got a few other things i want to do too (although not to do with the car lol.)

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah, black one went, I lasted nearly a year, then bought a silver one, then this one lol.

Well when you are ready to go for it, if you need any info just PM me dude :)

ibiza cupra
cheers mate, ive been offerd a k tec set up without the ecu for £850 but its gonna be on his car till mid nov so ive got plenty of time to sort out some funds lol. no doubt i will be in touch to pick your brains over somthing though lol.