ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB's backfire why?

I have got my engine running tonight and got the ITB's installed and started setting them up. There seems to some issue with one of the cylinders backfiring. Can anyone tell me what is causing this and what I can do to fix it?

Had some bother with the TPS but got that sorted now so will spend some time tomorrow checking the plugs, leads, injectors and balancing the ITBs and hopefully it will run smoothly.

dan's cast offs.
definite misfire and do sound like they are out. did a trophy on bodies the other week, two fouled plugs, one dodgy lead, air leak on one of the bodies and waaaaaaay out of balance!! no.4 was popping away until it was all done.

Well I changed the Bosch spark plugs for NGK R plugs and swapped over the fuel rail and injectors. I also spoke to K-Tec and got the latest base map to load up and then I set the TPS again. Still not convinced it's running spot on but they are pretty well balanced when I used the air flow meter. Both pulling at 19 litres a minute whilst at 1275 revs when idling from cold.

dan's cast offs.
measure resistance, check spray/volume and then check open time, kick back voltage etc but need scope for that. majority of the time resistance check and spray is enough to make sure they are ok.