ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG panel filter...isit worth it??

clio 182
hey all!

Jus been lookin on ebay and can see an ITG panel filter for sale for £40, what i want to know isit worth it? do they give a noise if any? and what are better for over an induction kit?

thanks guys!

172 A Cupwork Orange™
if you want noise, u want a open cone filter, which i would not recommend, if you want performance, then yes a itg filter is a start(basicly lets more air in) better then paper ones

Renaultsport Clio 197
I have an ITG Panel Filter in my 197.

There is no change in noise at all and no noticeable change in performance.

It just allows for better air flow and stops more crud going in than the paper ones.

Renaultsport Clio 182
I have one in my 182 and it I have not noticed any performance difference, but I do find that it is effective at the filteration in comparison than the papers

ValverInBits
Panel filters DO NOT give you more noise.
They will not give you a performance increase unless your old one is dirty.
Just a high quality replacement IMHO

Audi S1
Well... i got my cambelt n aux belt done by ktec... n i fought may as well treat my self to something else... so i brought the itg panel... on the way home my car felt much more responsive... it might just be all in the head... it doesnt add noise tho.. so i guess thats the downer from a viper... i was going to get one of these.. but i decided itg instead:)

172 FF
I find the ITG panel filter makes a difference, although it just feels like the throttle opens up a bit faster than before rather than extra power.
It does sound different, like a deeper exhaust note, but doesn't sound throaty or louder.
I also noticed my idle feels worse when stood still.

I was thinking of taking it off & going back to a panel filter, but even Andrew Page were charging £15+vat for a standard panel :/ , so I think i will keep the ITG.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I can't say my ITG panel filter made a difference to the performance.

Definitely did to my wallet though.

ITG foam panel filter = £47 x1 = 102k miles = £47.
Renault paper filter = £15 x17 = 102k miles = £255.

So yes, in the long run they're worth it.

Panel filters DO NOT give you more noise.
They will not give you a performance increase unless your old one is dirty.
Just a high quality replacement IMHO

Yeah I agree with all that, depends how long your going to keep the car for too :)

I find the ITG panel filter makes a difference, although it just feels like the throttle opens up a bit faster than before rather than extra power.
It does sound different, like a deeper exhaust note, but doesn't sound throaty or louder.
I also noticed my idle feels worse when stood still.

I was thinking of taking it off & going back to a panel filter, but even Andrew Page were charging £15+vat for a standard panel :/ , so I think i will keep the ITG.

I have a standard panel you have :) Sure we can come to some sort of deal if your interested :)

I think I have the best of both worlds: Sound is due to new 70mm ducting instead of old feeds and I have an ITG filter in the standard airbox.

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=MOV01080.flv

Have you got any pics of the ducting and pic of the engine bay

I havent, well not to hand anyway its pretty simular to the set up bellow.
Hope that helps.

You can either take out a foglight and run a big one from there to whatever you decide to have or re-route behind the underlight bumper grille near where the standard ones go(see my guide in the guides section).

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

user_offline.gif

I think I have the best of both worlds: Sound is due to new 70mm ducting instead of old feeds and I have an ITG filter in the standard airbox.

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=MOV01080.flv

Have you got any pics of the ducting and pic of the engine bay

I havent, well not to hand anyway its pretty simular to the set up bellow.
Hope that helps.

You can either take out a foglight and run a big one from there to whatever you decide to have or re-route behind the underlight bumper grille near where the standard ones go(see my guide in the guides section).

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

user_offline.gif

Monaco Blue 172
I can't say my ITG panel filter made a difference to the performance.

Definitely did to my wallet though.

ITG foam panel filter = £47 x1 = 102k miles = £47.
Renault paper filter = £15 x17 = 102k miles = £255.

So yes, in the long run they're worth it.
102k miles... i've had mine in for around 120k now was just wondering if there is a recommended lifespan on these? I've checked the instructions and it doesn't say owt...

cheers

there has been alot of testing on open cone filters, induction kits it seems the best way to go is with the standard set up with a panel filter thats what i have on my 182, IMO no noise when you get top end bit more response. As i ssaid people have done Dnyo's with other kits standard is best.