ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG Panel Filter

182 Cup Racing Blue
Could some please tell me how good this filter is. Does it increase induction (sucking) noise from a standard panel filter and increase performance ever so slighty?? Could some one also supply a contact number for ordering one (ITG's number) and the price. I have a 182 Cup on a 2005 plate. Cheers.

Adam69 said:
Could some please tell me how good this filter is. Does it increase induction (sucking) noise from a standard panel filter and increase performance ever so slighty?? Could some one also supply a contact number for ordering one (ITG's number) and the price. I have a 182 Cup on a 2005 plate. Cheers.

The ITG Panel is definitely worth it, IMO. I purchased one for £40 through Merlin Motorsport about a year ago. I then took the car to a Rolling Road - 179bhp standard and 184 with no other mods apart from the panel. Torque was up from 148 to 155 lb/ft as well (print outs to prove it).

Renault will charge around £20 to replace your filter every time you have a 12,000 mile service - you never need to replace the ITG, what have you got to lose? :)

182 Cup Racing Blue
Do you have to get the car tuned after fitting the new filter though, did you get an improved noise from the engine??

SLK 350
ITG filter will give you 0.0002bhp as will any panel filter, they're no better than any other filter on the market. I've got one, but can i notice the difference? No. And for the record an IK will lose you bhp, and torque unless you have the car mapped and fuelled to it.

If your OE one needs replacing, then i'd change it for a ITG/Green filter. If it doesn't then stick with the OE one.

IMO

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Joolz182 said:
The ITG Panel is definitely worth it, IMO. I purchased one for £40 through Merlin Motorsport about a year ago. I then took the car to a Rolling Road - 179bhp standard and 184 with no other mods apart from the panel. Torque was up from 148 to 155 lb/ft as well (print outs to prove it).

Renault will charge around £20 to replace your filter every time you have a 12,000 mile service - you never need to replace the ITG, what have you got to lose? :)

Funniest thing i've read all day.

It will not give any BHP gains whatsoever. It will not increase induction roar. It might smooth out the revs a little.

R

rich[182]

Adam69 said:

Forget about the bhp/torque arguments, bottom line is it does make the car "slightly" more responsive, no doubt some will claim this is down to placebo too but it's helped mine so couldn't care less if anyone thinks it's placebo

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I found it tended to whistle a little more under hard acceleration. Not by much, but enough for me to notice it.

Be prepared to get your hands covered in s**t, fitting it though. It's caked in a grease-type solution and gets everywhere if you're not careful! ;)

D.

182 Cup Racing Blue
could someone tell me where the best place to buy one of these is then, regarding price and der live reryyyyyyyyyy.....

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
ozzyo99 said:
ITG filter will give you 0.0002bhp as will any panel filter, they're no better than any other filter on the market. I've got one, but can i notice the difference? No. And for the record an IK will lose you bhp, and torque unless you have the car mapped and fuelled to it.

If your OE one needs replacing, then i'd change it for a ITG/Green filter. If it doesn't then stick with the OE one.

IMO

Spot on, only reason ones on my cup is so i dont have to change the b*****d thinh ever again. I have an old 1.8rsi with a piper cross on, lost a bit of pull in certain gears, but sounds mental..

Tesla MP3 2021
i had 1 on mine.....
there is no noise increase or anything like that.
but tbh like above comments i think induction kits / filters are a waste of money

Dubai182 said:
Funniest thing i've read all day.

It will not give any BHP gains whatsoever. It will not increase induction roar. It might smooth out the revs a little.

Laugh away pal! I have the before and after print-outs.

MY10 R35 GTR
ozzyo99 said:
^ Eyes, wool, over.

^^

too rite. a 5hp gain out of a filter panel..... maybe added with a decat and remap then yeh id go along wi that.

But just a panel filter...... B*llocks

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Joolz182 said:
Laugh away pal! I have the before and after print-outs.

We're laughing at you believing it mate. 5 BHP gain from a panel filter and 7 lb increase in torque.
Don't think i've heard anything so silly about a clio yet!!!!:eek:
A remap struggles for those gains let alone a filter,lol