ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG panel filter

Monaco 172
Im looking to get a induction kit, iv noticed you can get a ITG panel filter but do they give any sound difference and much performance ?

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
not much performance, if any, just helps er... filter the air a lot better, lol.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
no sound diff with the p.filter, mabe better throtle response but very little power wise. Unless you get an enclosed induction kit such as a igt moxogon or bmc cda you will lose power with a open one

imo

RB 182 Special.
The ITG panel does sound slightly different. It gives a very subtle little whistle and sounds cool. Powerwise you'll not really notice anything, but apparently it does give a slight increase. What it is good for is using with other mods if you have any planned. It allows much better airflow so will support other engine modifications well. And it'll do that for a fraction of the priced of a decent induction kit.

As has been said, if you're going to go for an induction kit make sure you get a good enclosed one as open ones are largely ineffective and often worse than nothing.

What you could do if you're not up for spending £350+ on a Maxogen (the best kit for the 172/182) is get the panel filter, take the acoustic valve off (or leave it connected but take the pipe off as you'll then avoid issues with warning lights) and feed the pipe out through the front for cold air. You could then cut another hole in the airbox and feed another large diameter pipe up to give you more cold air flowing in.

I noticed a difference from removing and re positioning the cold air feed on the cold side of the airbox, TBH paper elemenet filters flowrates are better than any aftermarket kit going, just need replacing more often

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
what are the espace airboxes like? do they fit straight on 172/182's? i was lookin for a ph1 172 box but proving hard to find a decent one. got offered one off salvage website for £75 inc delivery - u think its worth this?

what are the espace airboxes like? do they fit straight on 172/182's? i was lookin for a ph1 172 box but proving hard to find a decent one. got offered one off salvage website for £75 inc delivery - u think its worth this?

Thats a fair bit aint it for a standard airbox ? :S

I know where theres 2 phase one airboxes ;)

Seriously, i dont know why folk get a stiffy on about panal filters and ph1 air boxes. If they were that good they'd a been bolted to the next generation ph2's and 182's !

CS Dungeon
The ITG panel does sound slightly different. It gives a very subtle little whistle and sounds cool. Powerwise you'll not really notice anything, but apparently it does give a slight increase. What it is good for is using with other mods if you have any planned. It allows much better airflow so will support other engine modifications well. And it'll do that for a fraction of the priced of a decent induction kit.

As has been said, if you're going to go for an induction kit make sure you get a good enclosed one as open ones are largely ineffective and often worse than nothing.

What you could do if you're not up for spending £350+ on a Maxogen (the best kit for the 172/182) is get the panel filter, take the acoustic valve off (or leave it connected but take the pipe off as you'll then avoid issues with warning lights) and feed the pipe out through the front for cold air. You could then cut another hole in the airbox and feed another large diameter pipe up to give you more cold air flowing in.

Dont want to sound too much like a spazzer, but what is the difference between a Viper closed i/k and a panel filter in the standard airbox?

Surely its a foam filter inside a container with a pipe at each end? Or am I missing something which justifies an extra £250:S

Dont want to sound too much like a spazzer, but what is the difference between a Viper closed i/k and a panel filter in the standard airbox?

Surely its a foam filter inside a container with a pipe at each end? Or am I missing something which justifies an extra £250:S

Good question ;)

Clio 172 mk2
I know where theres 2 phase one airboxes ;)

Seriously, i dont know why folk get a stiffy on about panal filters and ph1 air boxes. If they were that good they'd a been bolted to the next generation ph2's and 182's !

+1

Just because it slightly resembles a Maxogen doesn't mean it can give the same performance gains