ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG Panel or BMC CDA??

V6 230
Hi, I currently have a ph1 172 with an ITG panel filter but am after a bit of induction noise without having an open filter :)

I am not expecting any power gains but just wanted to know if the BMC sounds much better than a standard airbox with ITG filter.

I know the Maxogen is the daddy but I dont have megabucks to spend on this so ideally around the £100 mark

Cheers for any suggestions in advance :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Panel.

Pull the hose out the box when you fancy some noise.

phase 1 172
i`ve got a bmc kit but instead of a cold air feed i`ve connected a samco 90degree bend on the end thru the gap behind the head light then angled the 2 standard feeds infront of it

sounds good and no where near the heat soak

phase 1 172
yeah i still hav the low down talk but also hav the nice grumble around 2000 revs then as the cam kicks in it roars
i wud say its not far off a hillpower for noise which is good conprimise

LY 200
Iv got a BMC mate......Nowhere near the noise of an open kit but still sounds grunty whilst at least keeping the same performance!!!

Looks a treat under the bonnet aswell.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I had a bmc and found it lost power over the standard box, i now have a hillpower and its much better.