ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its all about tyres...

182 FF Cup options
Right the problem is that i need 4 new tyres and i have exaltos on. I dont want to pay £80 a tyre but i do want quality. Is there another cheaper tyre out there you can get which is good or am i stuck with the exalto. Does anyone know where i can get the exalto cheaper than that?

Cheers all

Type tyres in on google, should give you an idea on prices etc, but £80 doesnt seem that bad. Only way you will get a decent drop in price is to fit 195's instead of 205's I think.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
It's the rubber that keeps it on the road;)

Don't skimp on it.....whats the point of a performance car with s**t rubber:mad:

amen to that! ^^^

rubber is the most vital part of the car in my opinion, and im guessing Renault when designing/testing cars pick the tyre best suited for the car

i know its always upsetting to the wallet, and i feel the begrudging feelings of having to fork out £80/tyre...but its for the best :)

on a side note... how often do u find yourself on average needing to change tyres?

my mate works for a BMW dealership, and gets all his tyres for his cars on a discounted basis, and i could only get hold of Michelin Exalto's for like £70 each

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Agree , sh*t tyres and your in a ditch , lol .Id' stick with the exaltos .

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
definately manufacturers recommended or better, no matter what the car.

costco want £120 for 2 new michellin energy's on my dynamique incl. fitting, and kwik-fit want £200! - sorry bit random but im glad i had a quick look around instead of going for the big names!!

Inferno 182
So what are the best tyres for a 182
unknw.gif

I think Ive got Mitchelin pilot sports on but the grip doesnt feel the best so I could do with changing.

Tyres and brakes are the last thing any one should skimp on if they tend to go above the speed limit
whistling.gif
. As above. They are the things that are gonna stop the car and keep it under controll
wink.gif

Ph1 172 / Ph1 Valver
search for posts on eagle f1s? Just had 2 fitted so not tested properly but seem to rate highly and I got 2 fitted locally for £95

Cupra
I just fitted Toyo t1-R's... they are leagues ahead of my old Conti sport contacts in terms of grip. Although that could be because I was down to 2 mm of profile.

Cam

182 Cup
I wouldnt skimp on tyres, ive heard F1's dont last as long as the PE2's, might be wrong though.

lift number 1 @ btm
definately try the toyos! well sticky, just don't last that long if you cane them. and camskills are worth a look for good prices.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
toyos are well good. sticky as u like.
ive got avons on mine and i wouldnt recommend them so cross them off.
cheapest place by far for tyres ive found is www.mytyres.co.uk but wait 5 days for delivery.