ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's probably nothing...

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
On the way to work on the morning and noticed an unusual noise (Nothing major but when you drive a car often enough you become accustomed to it's regulars and notice the small things) It sounded like a very quiet grinding noise at around 2000 RPM through to 2400 RPM but the car was fine. No engine lights no stutters or anything. Anyway thought nothing of it and on the way home after dropping off the work lot I was sitting at the lights and the car's idling at 500 (Lower than most, probably idle control valve or something but it idles smooth so never bothered to mess with it) and all of a sudden the car rev's itself to around 1500 RPM and back down (que the strange looks at the speedo to let the mob around me know it was the car and not me entertaining the exhaust)
Might just be my car on it's period but i've had these things in the past and they tend to be a heads up. My engine is a little tappaty, not sure if it's overly tappaty but tappaty non the less. The oil is good, it was serviced not long ago and all the belts where done around 15k ago.

So has anybody got any idea's ?
Muchos Gracias