ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes 7

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Daz said:
Oddly, only the new iPod's and new iTunes is on the US Apple site.. not the UK.

Cache issue? I checked the moment the apple site came back up and the UK site was working.

I've just ordered an 8GB nano. :) Gapless playback. Hurrah! finally!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
is there a link for the d/l?

will it overwrite my current version of itunes?

Please help a computer-leper!!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You have to set Album Artist in the tag to get it to download covers for your albums as well.

I read it that only the new iPods support gapless.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
sn00p[B said:
]You have to set Album Artist in the tag to get it to download covers for your albums as well.[/B]

I read it that only the new iPods support gapless.

will it do that automatically? if not, how do i do it?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
sn00p said:
You have to set Album Artist in the tag to get it to download covers for your albums as well.

Or maybe not. Maybe their servers are getting overloaded at this moment, seems to be random if it downloads the artwork successfully.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
seb said:
will it do that automatically? if not, how do i do it?

I think it should do it automatically, but I believe the servers might be having trouble coping. If not, flip to the album artwork view and right click on the picture and click "get artwork".

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Daz said:
Still no new stuff on the UK site..

No movies in the UK iTunes store either.

The store has been updated though.

ITMS is fucked though, taking me quite a few attempts to get album artwork to download. Try, Try-Again, Try-Again. ad-infinitum! Even searching on there is bring up errors.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Was hoping gapless would be part of itunes not ipod software. Main gripe with my ipod as most albums I want on it are either mixed or sequenced which gaps ruin !!!

All new ipods/nano's on site now. And my o2 discount works.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
furry_cup said:
hmm.. popped up as an update when i opened itunes today..

Not iTunes update, OS X update. It didn't appear, we had to download and install manually.

Same thing happened with 6 though, it took a day or so for it to appear on software update but was available for manual download.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
On download Itunes 7 has gone through my library searching for gapless so hope if I resynch my ipo it will install the gapless tracks.

Here's hoping !!!!

Gapless is if you have a mix CD, each track merges perfectly into the next. Current iPod's have a click or at worst, a gap.

New iTunes is awesome - if you like iTunes anyway, the changes they've made, are superb :)

New Quicktime and Frontrow update.. so looks like iTunes would be in OSX update now.. (Can't check for sure.. as I already have new iTunes downloaded manually)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Dansta said:
ok do u need an update for your ipod for gapless playback?
gonna do this all tonight,,
It doesn't appear that old iPods support gapless, only the new ones announced yesterday, although it's not entirely clear.

New iPod sir?! ;)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Dansta said:
Surely the iPod Video's will support it as they havent changed them in the new set.

Yeah, having read more....

Seems that 5th Gen iPods get gapless, but don't get the new search or the "letter" during quickscroll. Older iPods get nothing.

172, Tiguan
[imgo]http://www.pinhighdesign.co.uk/gallery/albums/cliosport/ipod.gif[/imgo]

Just to confirm, its just run gapless on the ipod as well as itunes.

Last edited:
  Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
Matty said:
Was hoping gapless would be part of itunes not ipod software. Main gripe with my ipod as most albums I want on it are either mixed or sequenced which gaps ruin !!!

All new ipods/nano's on site now. And my o2 discount works.

o2 discoount?

106 GTi
Shame it wont do the Artwork thing on the tunes stored on the ipod, only ones in the library which I dont use.

jon_r said:
30gb is 30% thinner and 80gb is the same size as the old 60gb aparently Dan.

30& thinner than the last normal ipod i think that means, not the one we have. 30% thinner than ours would be amazing. i hope so anyway.

That is now confirmed, its still 1.1cm. so it means the model before ours. so the 30gb is unchanged. physically anyway. phew only got mine a few weeks ago!