ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes Match

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on Robs wavelength and not feeling very trusting atm...

Saying that, they can probably see the music I have without using match, be buried in the T&Cs no one reads.

Inferno 182 CUP
Cant see the benefit of this unless your on constant wifi or have unlimited data packages ...

Also assume if connection is poor it just buffers for ages lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Siri has access to iCloud so it can playback anything you ask for.

FFS got yo upload 7140 tracks!

Didn't manage to match common music like Metallica, and I thought my songs had good tags etc...
oh well.

Citroen DS3 DSport
FFS got yo upload 7140 tracks!

Didn't manage to match common music like Metallica, and I thought my songs had good tags etc...
oh well.

Metallica Black album matched all songs except Enter Sandman. I think Apple need to fine tune the system. Several other albums have the same issue.

Getting pretty annoying now. Click to play a song (off the cloud)...

after about 15 seconds, the wrong song starts to play, go back into the list to re-click the song again. Starts playing correctly, but it's started to download the song it chose to begin with!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
theres a few bugs, for instance i had "everything" turned on on my iphone. Thats a bad bad idea when you hit "shuffle all songs"

I don't really want to use it that much at the moment as I think it will download every song I listen too! I played a few tracks yesterday, and found today that they are now on my phone too :(

Citroen DS3 DSport
I don't really want to use it that much at the moment as I think it will download every song I listen too! I played a few tracks yesterday, and found today that they are now on my phone too :(

That's exactly what it will do, whenever you listen to a song from the cloud it is downloaded. You can delete it afterwards if needed.

Tesla MP3 2021
If this was a streaming service I would have it in a flash, but as its not..... epic fail!

Citroen DS3 DSport
It does stream but stores the track locally too which saves data usage if you opt to listen to the same track again. You can listen to the track while it is downloading. If you don't want to listen again then delete it.

Audi S1
So I understand this a little better...

So iTunes matches your music then you stream it back from their servers? Isn't that going to hammer you DATA whilst your out and about?

Audi S1
So I understand this a little better...iTunes matches your music then you stream it back from their servers? Isn't that going to hammer you DATA whilst your out and about?

Tesla MP3 2021
I actually take back what I said about this service, I took the plunge and its great, it meets my needs perfectly.

It matched 4260 songs out of 4500 so pretty good and the songs download pretty quick, even on 3G though my main use of this will I will be in a Wifi place 9/10 :)

I also received my Fiio E1 today which totally transforms listening to music from a iX device.

This is like mp3 laundering? :L

Also from what I understand is that you may stream on your macbook but on ios devices you have to download but it will start playing before the download finishes

Citroen DS3 White
I'm still struggling with match.

All my stuff is up there, either matched or uploaded. On my phone, I turn on match. My library goes. Now I want to listen to stuff on the tube, not all the albums are downloadable, not all of them have the little cloud icon and 'download all' at the bottom.

Are some things only streamable and others downlaodable?

I'm going back to my playlist I think...

If you've got iOS 6, don't bother. Match is fucked since the update, by that I mean it still works, but theyve made loads of stupid changes to the way it works. I've disabled it, in the hope they put it back to how it was.