ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Itunes Sharing Libraries Help

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Been digging around online and cant find a solution, so hopefully someone here may be able to help!

myself and my housemate are trying to share our itunes libraries, so that we can both browse each others music etc.. in itunes..

weird thing is though, I can see her library, but she cant see mine? we both have our itunes setup to share libraries and are on the same workgroup etc.. any ideas?! i'm stumped!

Sure yours is shared? And made visable to others too?

If so, it's just them being funny. Try restarting the computers, if fails, try rebooting the router.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You using itunes 9?

If you are the Home Share feature is TOTALLY different to sharing via preferences.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
itunes 9 yes.. but not home share.. just regular sharing.

and yes mine is definatley shared and visible to others.
just being funny then i guess.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Use home share mate, it's the dogs. You enter your itunes username and password of both PC's and you can play and copy over the other persons music.

A red missile
I'm assuming PC here, check firewalls on both machines and make sure they both have the other machine in the trusted zone (if zone alarm) or are allowing the ip of the other machine to connect. Check network settings, make the music folders on both machine into network shares, check for any passwords if you've already done this.

Could be a million reasons why it wont work, funny though I've never had a problem doing that with iTunes, seems to work perfectly all the time, i'd look elsewhere first before messing with/re-installing iTunes.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I've updated both the Mac and the work laptop with iTunes 9. Does this mean I can now stream through the internet music to my laptop whilst at work?

I wasn't sure if it's done by internet or network - I'm guessing the network but want to double check ...

Megane
I've updated both the Mac and the work laptop with iTunes 9. Does this mean I can now stream through the internet music to my laptop whilst at work?

I wasn't sure if it's done by internet or network - I'm guessing the network but want to double check ...

Good question!!