ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iv decided what to do!!!!!

:dapprove: as some of you know i was going to turn my car into a rally replica but once i actually sore one in detail i didnt like it, :dapprove:

i over this weekend have had a good think of what to do,

im going to get it all the bumpers smoothed and bumpstripes smoothed and colourcoded,

Carbon fiberr bonnet and splitter, get my 172 16s refurbed and sprayed black,

slammed on h&rs, leave it stripped but get carbon fiber panneling done for the inside, 2 carbon fiber recaros, harnesses then last but not lease a 172 conversion,

sound ok or would it look gash?

liquidized RacingBlue 182
over here its just over 100!!! so woood be better of buying new wheels ha, but im gonna wait till i go home to scotland then do it

Chocolate Bar™
if you want it slammed then put it on fk's as h&r's really dont go that low and are more about the handling. on a 1.2 fk's will do niecly and save you 300quid towards your other mods

Chocolate Bar™
i'd always recommend john at 2modified.com but you can get fk's from loads of places now if you wanna shop round. ring john though, as he'll give you a better price than whats on the website

get the coilovers for a 172 don't bother doing a conversion as you cannot use 1.2 coilovers on a 172 (well you can they just won't work idealy and you have to bodge them)

get the coilovers for a 172 don't bother doing a conversion as you cannot use 1.2 coilovers on a 172 (well you can they just won't work idealy and you have to bodge them)
but will 172 ones go on my 1.2, also i know some1 who has 172 suspension for sale, will they be lower then my 1.2?

RS Clio 200
try lepsons near gillingham train station for the wheels Ronnie.... we get a discount there!!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Sounds ace!

Just a tip, ring round and get quotes on how you want the car eventually insurance wise.

I found having lots of mods (carbon bonnet etc etc) + Engine swap = no one wanting to insure you !!

You will be very suprised on how much it will set you back.

I sat and worked out id save well over £3/4k by just buying a 172 and modding that.

Reason i say is the list of mods you have there do total a huge amount....
Seats alone will total to about 1.5/2k
+ all other insurance changes
Also with engine change you need ALL the other bits.
Brakes etc....

but will 172 ones go on my 1.2, also i know some1 who has 172 suspension for sale, will they be lower then my 1.2?

They will with a bodge.

You cna make them lower the car but there not ideal.

1.2 MK2 PH2
just a heads up, theres a place up my end (Sunderland) who does refurb+spray for 35quid a wheel ill post back when i find the no./name

Sounds ace!

Just a tip, ring round and get quotes on how you want the car eventually insurance wise.

I found having lots of mods (carbon bonnet etc etc) + Engine swap = no one wanting to insure you !!

You will be very suprised on how much it will set you back.
I sat and worked out id save well over £3/4k by just buying a 172 and modding that.

Reason i say is the list of mods you have there do total a huge amount....
Seats alone will total to about 1.5/2k
+ all other insurance changes
Also with engine change you need ALL the other bits.
Brakes etc....

yea i know , the conversion will be the last thing i do :rasp:

also my car is insured in my biords name and me as a nemed driver, 172 is only #850 fully comp, my 1.2.16v with mods declared is only #275 fully comp, but yea, i feel like i need to start doing my car properly and stop trying to bodge and take shortcuts everywere ,

it's classed as deception, potentially voiding your insurance. See here

well my bird does drive my car sometimes, anyway my birds dad is best friends with the man who owns the insurance firm and he sorts it all out so i doubt we will have problems, i hope lol,