ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi everyone! I'm in Australia and I'm doing a Super 1600 replica... WILLIAMS IV...

My name is Riccardo I'm originally from Italy where I was Rally driver and preparator of Clio Gr.N / Gr.A / Super 1600.
Now I'm in Sydney, Australia, where I bought from my new neighbour a Clio RS 172 for $3500.
My dream always was to have an exactly replica of the Clio Super 1600, wide bodykit, 17" rally rims, 220cv, sequential gb with LSD.
since when I was 18 all my Clios (8) and Megane Coach/Cup (3) i always had the Sadev 6 speed sequential gearbox on them.. For road and for race.
I was deeply in love with the first Clio Williams so after 30 years I decided that I want a Clio with the same characteristics that made that car so beautiful.

1- Wide than a normal Clio - (I will put Super 1600 arches)
2- Full intense race Blue - (I will wrap the entire car with WF22)
3- Big light racing gold rims - (I will put "17 gold superlight)
4- interior with blue trim and numbered plaque - (I will wrap some parts with carbon fiber blue and the Williams logos and I will make the new 00/99 gold plaque)

The project of course involve the performances and handling, Sadev sequential gearbox (with standard joint and 60% LSD) , ITB, ECU, 330mm brake with 6 pot calipers, full exhaust but with electric valve on the exhaust (just to be legal) and good quality coilovers.

At the moment I'm half way of my project and I will start a thread so whoever likes this new Clio Williams IV can share with me opinions.

see u soon!

ps sorry about the english ;)

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Re: Hi everyone! I'm in Australia and I'm doing a Super 1600 replica... WILLIAMS IV..

Welcome! Sounds interesting!

Clio 182 Sport Cup
Re: Hi everyone! I'm in Australia and I'm doing a Super 1600 replica... WILLIAMS IV..

Hi Riccardo, sounds fantastic ... I always loved the S1600s too! Are you on OzRensultSport as well? I imagine a lot in the Australian Renault community would be interested in this too.

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Sport Cup

Hi Riccardo, sounds fantastic ... I always loved the S1600s too! Are you on OzRensultSport as well? I imagine a lot in the Australian Renault community would be interested in this too.

He he ... I knew you might get some interest in OZ. Pretty encouraging feedback and looking forward to the progress!

Clio 182 Sport Cup

LOL ... sorry, you are right, that does look weird. OP also posted this on OZRS and got a very excited response. It looks like a great project to follow and it's a little less common to see these sort of projects in Australia.

LOL ... sorry, you are right, that does look weird. OP also posted this on OZRS and got a very excited response. It looks like a great project to follow and it's a little less common to see these sort of projects in Australia.

So.. Do u like talk to yourself... :)
Roab I want to thank you!
I found so many good people from OZRS and I already met some!!
Awesome!
Thanks thanks thanks
Riccardo

Clio 182 Sport Cup

You're welcome. Keep the threads going on CS too ... more the better. I'm jealous!