ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive been robbed !

Subaru Impreza P1
My maxogen has just turned up today, it looks like ive paid a hell of alot of money on a rubber pipe some sponge and abit of carbon fibre. It better be worth it when it goes on tomorrow

rps13
haha you could have just bought a 29.95 panel filter and took the acoustic valve out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

however it's all about the carbon baby

Ph1
My maxogen has just turned up today, it looks like ive paid a hell of alot of money on a rubber pipe some sponge and abit of carbon fibre. It better be worth it when it goes on tomorrow

What were you expecting?? magic dust to come flying out the box :S

You wont find many disappointed Maxogen owners but dont expect 30 bhp from it, your paying for a quality fit , qualitly build, as well as optimum performance (when set up and in conjunction with other breathing mods)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

You wont find many disappointed Maxogen owners but dont expect 30 bhp from it, your paying for a quality fit , qualitly build, as well as optimum performance (when set up and in conjunction with other breathing mods)
Is that because they are in denial about it's negligible performance benefits vs cost?

Ph1
No different to fitting a full performance exhaust on the F4R. You get bugger all gains for the same price all be it more 'weight' for your dosh ;)

Each to their own at the end of the day. The only folk who moan about the cost of Maxogens are the ones who dont have one

Turbo LY R27
I think just panel filter all the way tbh, to much hassle. And will prob give the same gains with remap and exhaust with either panel or maxogen, and much cheaper! Each to their own, not heard of many people complain bout em.

Ph1
Best VFM all round IK i ever fitted was a Viper. Noise was awsome, car did pull better, far better than my old Magnex exhaust did, and the sound was amazing.

Stock ph1 air box was sh1t. Cant understand why folk get all wet over it

Ph1
they're not BAD, just overpriced. DIY is popular because it works and achieves the same thing

Open IK's are regarded as a big no no yet GDI has one and their 182 pulls 240 brake! Granted its in the coldest part of the engine, behind the headlight but its still a open kit.

Folk sl4g the Viper. Fred saw 13 brake with a map (yeah he gets stick about it) and GDi's was running well over 200bhp (230bhp?) on one so again another regarded as poor IK doing fine.

How many big power stock air box cars? Are their any? Your right tho, its the cheaper option and thats what makes it popular.

Problem is, folk expect one breathing mod to perform miricles and that just isnt goinna happen. Its about the whole picture, ie lots of mods set up working as one

ITB'd MK1
best setup I've seen was a K&N on a relocated inlet pipe (3 inch steel pipe with heatwrap) putting the filter just below the headlight. Lowest inlet temperatures Andy had ever seen on the rollers while mapping

ITB'd MK1
Open IK's are regarded as a big no no yet GDI has one and their 182 pulls 240 brake! Granted its in the coldest part of the engine, behind the headlight but its still a open kit.
getting rid of the battery and not having the filter right behind the radiator makes a huge difference. the GDI demo 182 hasn't run that setup since about Feb BTW. Been on throttle bodies for quite a while now.

Folk sl4g the Viper. Fred saw 13 brake with a map (yeah he gets stick about it) and GDi's was running well over 200bhp (230bhp?) on one so again another regarded as poor IK doing fine.

Dont remember ever having a viper on the 182. I know I've only worked at GDI since feb, but I've known the car since the day it was bought and i really dont remember that

Renaultsport Clio 197
best setup I've seen was a K&N on a relocated inlet pipe (3 inch steel pipe with heatwrap) putting the filter just below the headlight. Lowest inlet temperatures Andy had ever seen on the rollers while mapping

what heatwrap? the same one used to wrap the exhaust manifold ?

Nice mod :)

Ph1
getting rid of the battery and not having the filter right behind the radiator makes a huge difference. the GDI demo 182 hasn't run that setup since about Feb BTW. Been on throttle bodies for quite a while now.

Dont remember ever having a viper on the 182. I know I've only worked at GDI since feb, but I've known the car since the day it was bought and i really dont remember that

Yeah agree, 45 degree inlet and IK tucked in behind the headlight is the best setup for flow and temps. The good thing about the Maxogen is it makes the best out of the stock setup by being the only IK (i belive) on the market thats inlet points directly into the coldest part of the engine.

2005 / 2006 area GDi had the Viper fitted. Seen pics up on here, also featured in Redline the 0-100-0 group thrash feature 2 years back

"Navy" N17 TWO

When you floor it the grunt is second to none!

Maxogen, expensive - BULL! :evil: I love mine

th_014-1.gif

Worth it :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Has anyone actually proved that the Maxogen performs above and beyond the phase 1/V6 airbox with panel?

Ph1
Has anyone actually proved that the Maxogen performs above and beyond the phase 1/V6 airbox with panel?

You mean the same as standard?? :rasp: Not sure but know doubt there will be. Its a old kit now, been out a good few years.

From my experience i had the ph1 set up which was bolted to the car, changed to a 'set up' (mapped) Viper and it made a noticeable difference over the stock one and then went to a Maxogen, better top end than the Viper.

If the ph1 cylinder airbox is so great, why is there no performance advantage to that of a ph2 with the square type kit?