ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've bought some Meguiars bits...

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Ok I went to Halfords as the Civic needs a proper pampering tomorrow if the weather is up to it. We have..

Meguiars Ultra Plush Wash Mitt
Meguiars NXT Car Wash (purple with green cap)
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (with applicator pad)
Meguiars NXT Glass Cleaner

All came in a nice little back as part of a set called the "Ultimate Car Care Kit"

Paid £34.99

:) I'm happy. I need to get a tyre gel and some other bits but its a good start.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
What about drying it off? And why do I need clay? My NXT Tech has a little applicator pad in the top, one side is purple, one green? Any relevance to this?

Clio 182
DarthCake said:
What about drying it off? And why do I need clay? My NXT Tech has a little applicator pad in the top, one side is purple, one green? Any relevance to this?

I use a chamois to dry it, but just a synthetic one being a veggie!

You def need to try clay, it's amazing!!! Wash and dry the car and feel it, then clay it and then feel it!!!!!! HUGE difference! Takes all the crap off that washing it alone doesn't.

oh and Meguiars do a nice soft towel thing to take the wax off with btw.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Ooooh ta Karen. I'll pop back in and pick one up. Hehe. and I have a synthetic chamois - and i'm no vergie, I just tend to wreck proper ones. lol.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
DarthCake said:

Tescos microfibre cloths for me , only £1.37 , only small but they do the job better than a chamois . Good for taking off polish and wax too .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
DarthCake said:
Thanks MrBilly, that sounds like the most reasonable option :)

They last for ages at throw away prices , machine washable with NO fabric conditioner tho' .

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
What does the packet look like mate? Where will I find them? Domestic cleaning isle?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
DarthCake said:
What does the packet look like mate? Where will I find them? Domestic cleaning isle?

Yep domestic cleaning isle in smaller stores , in larger stores they sometimes put em in the car care bit . They used to be blue in a flat black box , i think they've changed the colour of the cloth to orange now in the same box .

RS 200
DarthCake said:
Ok I went to Halfords as the Civic needs a proper pampering tomorrow if the weather is up to it. We have..

Meguiars Ultra Plush Wash Mitt
Meguiars NXT Car Wash (purple with green cap)
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (with applicator pad)
Meguiars NXT Glass Cleaner

All came in a nice little back as part of a set called the "Ultimate Car Care Kit"

Paid £34.99

:) I'm happy. I need to get a tyre gel and some other bits but its a good start.

Good starting point with the products, I myself did pretty much the same with the NXT range in the summer, now its just getting addictive with agrowing collection :)

As for tyre dressing I would highly recommend Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel.

Chris

Megane R26
Another thumbsup for the Water Magnet from me too....

Endurance Tyre Gel applied with a paint brush for your tyres....

Oh, and don't use your mitt anywhere near your wheels!! Get another mitt or a sponge. Also, remember to clean the walls of your tyres with a brush, before you dress them with ETG.