ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've buggered my phone up, Advice?

Swift Sport
Smart arse here spilt his drink on his phone, now it doesn't work! I've tried drying it out best I can but it still isn't doing alot, it does the 'turning on' sound and the buttons light up but that's it... :(

It's a Samsung Tocco Ultra, about 6 months old... I didn't take out phone insurance when I bought it as I've never done anything this stupid before! lol.

I was just wondering what the best thing to do from here is?

- Replace the f**ked phone
- See if I can get it repaired
- Try and fix it somehow
- Persist in trying to get it to work
- Go phoneless!

Any other ideas??

Ste.

Btw, don't text me your answers!!! lol

Renaultsport 220T
buy one of these...

photos-hardware-05-20090608.jpg

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Covered under home insurance? Or pick up a Tocco lite for £70 from play if you like the Samsungs but don't want to pay alot.

Persist a bit first if it's a Samsung, one of my mates had a touchscreen Samsung end up at the bottom of a swimming pool, the other's went through the washing machine. Both worked fine after a week or so of encouragement and being left on to dry it out.

Never above 25mpg
You've fucked it up properly now as you've turned it on while there's moisture around the power connections.

Sell it for spares on eBay and buy something better.

RIP Dan
Dry it out on the radiator with battery etc off.

Use it till it f***s up, which it will in the end.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Who is your Network?

I dropped my blackberry in the snow, called them up and said my keys are not working correct.... they exchanged the main body of the phone for a brand new one.

I dont have any insurance or anything?!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Replace it, if you arent into fancy phones you can get a PAYG phone for £10 and stick your sim in it.

Audi Q7, Avalanche
As suggested, the worse thing you can do is turn it on as the power can short circuit and damage connections. Stick it in a bag of uncooked rice and leave it over night. The concentration gradient of moisture will 'wick' the moisture out of the phone. Then once it is dry, put it back together and then see if it works.

Failing that, take it to a phone repair shop, sometimes its a simple replacement circuit board or a repair on a damaged connection which isn't that expensive. These things happen all the time so there are people who will take your money to deal with it.

RIP Dan
I woud advise against taking it in to get fixed. No point in throwing any money at it. They would need to change every board out as you will never get all the water out.

Just use it until it knackers up then get a new one.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
The way i got my old phone to work:

DO NOT keep turning it on and off, trying to get it to work etc. Leave it off.

Stick it in a bowl of rice in the airing cupboard for 2-3 days, just leave it there.

The rice should draw moisture out of the inside of the phone, you might be fucked already though if you've been trying to turn it on and off etc. If it happens to anyone, never try and turn it on, do what i said and more often than not it'll save the phone, we did it with my mates a few weeks ago when the dumb f**k dropped it in a pint of water trying to turn the alarm off lmao.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Insure it and claim in a month.. Is the answer I would suggest if I liked fraud.

This wont work, had a mate try it, they can tell when the last time the phone was turned on/used with the sim card, he got well and truly busted trying to claim for a viewty lol