ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've destroyed my iMac! How do I fix it?!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Righty ho,

i was playing around with the dock, where you can change the style and look of it, no probs was all good. But then, I noticed my right clock did not work on the dock anymore...

I looked up a few sites on the net and it told me to do something with some different files, and apparently that should have fixed the problem. Well it didn't...I ended up with my dock still not right clicking, and also my trash can, finder and safari icons missing.

Then, I tried to reboot the computer to see if it would fix itself, it didn't.

My dock has completely dissappeared, no where to be found, right click will not work anywhere now! also, my desktop background is bright blue and wont change.

I have ran disk check, Onyx... no joy!

Anyone got any ideas?? :dapprove:

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
No, options bar is okay, thats the only way I am able to open a new finder window at the minute.

I have tried the dock options, but nothing happens with any of the settings. Its just never there. I have opened Terminal, and used the command 'killall Dock' -which apparently resets the dock... but it now says 'Command not recognised' odd!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I have the box at home, but not managed to check. Will I have got one when I bought it new?

Also, will this just repair it.... i dont want to wipe it and re-install everything again!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
i cant use time machine, I dont have the externaly HD to allocate it to.

Will restoring it wipe ALL of my programs and files?

Tesla MP3 2021
Oh dear oh dear. How the mighty have fallen lol.

Serves you right for being a feltcher!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
hmmm!!!

I have put my disc in, booted it from there.... but I cant see the option to repair everything, when I click repair disk...it says everything is okay?!

CLEARLY NOT!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
righty ho, the restore from disk would not work... error'd everytime! im backing everything up on my external HD, then a fresh install. Oh joy.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I had to do a fresh install... completely wiped everything, backed it up on an external HD. Running sweet now though : )