ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've fitted cruise control but ESP doesn't work?

I was recently looking at my PH2 172 and noticed the plugs were there for CC/speed limiter.

After a quick read from this thread i thought i would give it a go.

Once all the parts arrived and were plugged in everything worked! :)

An ESP button came with the panel and there was a plug in the same area that fitted it. The new SQUIB with the extra wires for CC buttons came attached with a steering angle sensor for the ESP, which was fitted at the same time.

But the ESP does nothing, not even light up the dash tell tale.
Any ideas what i would need to get it to work/can Renault turn it on (OBD)?

Nissan 350z
Your in uncharted terratory here mate. So i doubt anyone can give you a straight answer as it doesnt appear to be a common mod. My only recommendation is contact someone who does alot of work with the CLIP system as most Renault dealers will just fob you off with anything that involves thinking slightly outside of the box so to speak.

Clio 172mk2
it states in that link

If your Clio has this connector when you open the PVC casing (where ESP is) and in an RS you can immediately check if you have connectivity to the CPU (connect the A2-A3 --> see bottom scheme image) and when you connect A2-A3 and turn the ignition on for the SECOND time, the cruise control light should come up and the display should say SET ---)

http://www.shrani.si/f/J/cb/1rTNeMBP/schema.jpg

try holding the esp switch on and turning ignition on at a gues

Black Gold Trophy
I 'think' cars with ESP have a different version on the ECU
Ill look into what info I have kicking around...