ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive got a leak.....

.....Ive got a water leak again!

I changed the water pump and cam belt about two weeks ago and then did a coolent flush and ever since its been leaking, but today as I was driving to work the temp gauge went just over half way then when the fan kicked in it dropped to about a quarter, now this was at 60mph, so I topped up and by the time I got to work it the water had leaked back down to min level!

So whats best to do and how much will it cost to change all the water pipes and clips and does anyone think this will solve the problem?

And has anyone else suffered from this?

Danny

172 Cup

what i would do is to try and find out where its leaking from? are you sure you bled the system correct as there are 3 bleed points on the 1.4 areny there?

Yer but I only did the radiator one, as one is behind the engine and one is near the thermostat and when I spoke to my mechanic he just said to do the radiator one as the others are difficult to get to!

By the way Paul Ive noticed u always seem to reply to my posts, u must be on here all the time fella!!!;)Oh and when are u looking to get rid of your engine mate?

Danny

172 Cup

im at work on the net most of the time! im looking to get rid of it in about 3 months. its been cared for and looked after! got 155bhp at ep rolling road.

i would say if there is no visable leaks then to check you head gasget is not letting water in and if not just flush the coolent again and bleed it like it says in the haynes manual.

Paul

Yer think Ill check all the pipes and then re bleed it just to make sure I did it right! Cheers fella!

Well pm me about your engine becuase if your gonna get rid in a few months then it will give me time to get some money together if youve not already sold it, so pm me with price and stuff if you want fella?

Danny

Ive got aleak too - fortunately i know which pipe it is coming from tho - id try that before splashing out on unnecessary cash - and who knows - it may be the pipe that is easy to get to that is leaking!!!!!

I hate it when people mention head gaskett, it just sounds so expensive!

Im gonna take a look at it this weekend, so Ill get back to ya!