ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive just brought a 182 and im confused!

clio 182 FF + chipped
Hi everyone,

Ive just put a deposit down on a 182 in black. (and i noticed it had a cliosport sticker in the rear window)

And ive just done a car check on it as i do with all cars and now im about the get a insurance quote but im a little confused.

When i done car check it came up as a clio 182 16v. Insurance want to know if its a CUP or not. And i dont know! It has the CUP packages on it. Does it say CUP on the log book if it is? and would the car check of said 182 16v CUP? instead it just said 182. The person selling it didnt write it was a CUP in the title.

Thanks sorry for the silly question!

maria x

Yozz'd up 182
Cup and cup packs are different. If it has xenon lights, leather interior and headlight washers usually its not a cup.

clio 182 FF + chipped
AH!! thank you! Yes mine does have all the above so its not a cup then, just the pack.

You brought it? Where did you bring it from? ;)

To answer the question, there were never any 182 cups made in black so yours is definetly a normal 182.

clio 182 FF + chipped
Ah, im picking it up in the next week or so, ive put down deposit. Someone up in wellingborough.

Black/gold chipped and lowered. Looks lush.

Its got the anthracite alloys. Also has the cup pack stiffer suspension and larger rear spoiler.

I did have a clio 1.8 16v a few years back then went to a 206 Gti. I missed the way the valver handled so brought this!

Ah, im picking it up in the next week or so, ive put down deposit. Someone up in wellingborough.

Black/gold chipped and lowered. Looks lush.

Its got the anthracite alloys. Also has the cup pack stiffer suspension and larger rear spoiler.

I did have a clio 1.8 16v a few years back then went to a 206 Gti. I missed the way the valver handled so BOUGHT this!

:)

clio 182 FF + chipped
i got it at a great price i think but im not going to say until shes sitting on my drive! :)
Its a 54 plate and only done 18k miles. No plans, i want to keep it standard as its already lowered thats all i like nice and low.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to tell the insurance company if it has Cup pack as its not classed as Standard by most insurance companies?.

i dont think ive seen a inferno one before!

It's the baked bean colour. Most people don't like it. They are wrong though :D

IMG_05262.gif

bean.gif

clio 182 FF + chipped
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to tell the insurance company if it has Cup pack as its not classed as Standard by most insurance companies?.

Oh i dont know?? Arent they optional extras? So it could of come out the factory fitted with them?

Oh yea inferno dont look too bad! Still like my black/gold though!;)

172 cup
even if it has the cup packs it nothing to do with the performance of the car and its not classed as modifying either its all factory fitted id just tell your insurance that it has the cup packs just in the god forbidden chance you get smashed up just so when you get another you get all your money back to get the same again :p

Matty

BMW F21 125d
I told my insurance I had cup packs, as said, optional extras, had no affect on my premium.

Last edited:
  Clio GT 120 EDC
Nothing wrong with the inferno orange...i have been looking at one at a dealer most mornings to work.

Congrats on your purchase

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
even if it has the cup packs it nothing to do with the performance of the car and its not classed as modifying either its all factory fitted id just tell your insurance that it has the cup packs just in the god forbidden chance you get smashed up just so when you get another you get all your money back to get the same again :p

Matty

Is it not down to the view of the individual insurer as to what they perceive as modified? In terms of a non cup packed variant the cup packs are a minor alteration to the cars original spec and the majority of insurers don't have a specific option for '182+cup pack/s' (regardless of the changes being mechanically identical to a true cup variant). Be the parts factory fit or aftermarket additions by the dealership, owner or whoever it’s certainly worth declaring them for your own peace of mind. ;)

Elephant insurance: So is it a 182 cup or a standard 182?
Me: its a 182 with cup packs
Elephant insurance so ita a 182 cup?
Me:No Renault sold a standard 182 and a cup 182 the main differences being the cup had different suspension anthrasite colourd wheels a front splitter and a more basic interior, however you could pay £400 at the dealers and upgrade your standard 182 and have the cup suspension and front splitter fitted as an option.
Elephant insurance: So its a modified car then?, we dont insure modified cars!.
Me:for f**ks sake:dead::(:S:mad:

I told my insurance I had cup packs, as said, optional extras, had no affect on my premium.

Last edited by *Badger*; Today at 16:06.. Reason: Is it affect or effect ??

It didn't affect your premium, therefore the effect was that your premium stayed the same. Bit of a grey area that one. One could argue either would have been ok in that exact context.

clio 182 FF + chipped
Re: Ive just bought a 182 and im confused!

Where'd you bring it from?

huh?? Where did i bring it from??:S

I hope the bloke ive bought it from dont mind as i think his on here but heres a pic of it

59a3_1-1.jpg

Last edited:

AK

M240i
huh?? Where did i bring it from??:S

I hope the bloke ive brought ti from dont mind as i think his on here but heres a pic of it

59a3_1-1.jpg

You keep saying your brought it, when the actual word it BOUGHT...

that's what Alan means!!

Elephant insurance: So is it a 182 cup or a standard 182?
Me: its a 182 with cup packs
Elephant insurance so ita a 182 cup?
Me:No Renault sold a standard 182 and a cup 182 the main differences being the cup had different suspension anthrasite colourd wheels a front splitter and a more basic interior, however you could pay £400 at the dealers and upgrade your standard 182 and have the cup suspension and front splitter fitted as an option.
Elephant insurance: So its a modified car then?, we dont insure modified cars!.
Me:for f**ks sake:dead::(:S:mad:

mmm you have to understand not everyone knows everything about renault clio's, your bound to confuse them if you start talking about cup packs etc

its easier to say its just a 182/182 cup

clio 182 FF + chipped
Re: Ive just bought a 182 and im confused!

Oh rite sorry for my spelling/grammer, mistake i cant be good at everything! lol

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
mmm you have to understand not everyone knows everything about renault clio's, your bound to confuse them if you start talking about cup packs etc

Confuse them so that they insure it as either a standard 182 or a 182 cup when it is technically neither? It's a 182 with both cup packs, claiming anything else would surely be fraudulent. :nono:

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
Confuse them so that they insure it as either a standard 182 or a 182 cup when it is technically neither? It's a 182 with both cup packs, claiming anything else would surely be fraudulent. :nono:

I didn't know painted wheels and non performance enhancing spoiler was classed as a modification.

it's not a cup so it has to be a 182.

What is there not to understand?, I explained it to them.