ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jack/locking nuts

Renault Clio 182 cup
hi i have just getting a 54 plate clio 182. i understand they don't come with a spare wheel so i take it they don't have a jack?.

also i can't find a locking nut in the car but looked at the nuts on the car and the 4 nuts look pretty standard. or is the locking nut a 5th in the centre of the wheel. couldn't tell if this was a nut or not

thanks ralph

E46 M3
182's do come with (rubbish) scissor jacks. The nut in the centre is the hub nut, don't undo that!

If you have no key, you will need to order from your local dealer but you will need the security number (might be in service book if you have one)

Renault Clio 182 cup
i thought the centre one was that. its just that the other nuts are normal so i must nut need a locking nut. they may have been changed by previous owner to standard ones. was just double checking. thanks

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
If you have no key, you will need to order from your local dealer but you will need the security number (might be in service book if you have one)

Only problem with that is you will need to buy a full new set of locking bolts from Renault just to get the socket. Plus it takes 3 weeks for a new set to arrive from France.

Get an impact socket and whack it on, then undo the locking bolts. Get a new set of locking bolts from eBay or Halfords, probably be cheaper and won't take 3 weeks.

Only problem with that is you will need to buy a full new set of locking bolts from Renault just to get the socket. Plus it takes 3 weeks for a new set to arrive from France.

Get an impact socket and whack it on, then undo the locking bolts. Get a new set of locking bolts from eBay or Halfords, probably be cheaper and won't take 3 weeks.

You can purchase just the nut (need key number or good photo of the bolt) only takes a couple of days. just need to use a helpful dealer!

The Jack (and a little device for popping the centre caps off the wheels in order to get to the wheelnuts) should be in a bag in the boot, strapped in on your right hand side. This is so obvious I'll assume you don't have it (just as I'm assuming you did bother looking for a jack in the boot - i.e. the place where it would probably be?)

The car should also come with two cans of tyrefoam to compensate for the lack of a spare wheel, this doesn't seem to "live" anywhere permanently. Mine was in it's own little grey puch in the luggage tray under the passenger seat.