ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacking 182 up on pebble drive

I need to replace my pads, and where I live is a pebble drive (large pebbles) although most are embedded in the ground, there isn't much loose stuff. I've got a jack and axle stands.

I was thinking a 3x3ft bit of ply wood, 18mm thick to spread the load. I'd get 3, 1 to jack and then can rest the stands on the other 2, do 1 axle at a time. I can also throw the wheels under the car. I won't even need to be under the car.

Thoughts?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That'll work mate. Stick some stops/bricks behind the rear wheels too but wood to already the load will be fine. I'm assuming the driveway is flat?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If the pebbles aren't too deep, maybe scrape them to the side to make a nice square base? Otherwise a big piece of wood to spread the load would be fine.
Loads of my final year project work has been on axle stands/jacking up vehicles and it's scary the amount of people who have experienced falling cars from improper lift. 1 in 4 IIRC.

thanks guys, put my mind at rest. 18mm be cool too? Otherwise it's to the builders merchants not popping to wicks after work

Of course it's level, I'm not a mentalist!