ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

janspeed 182

mazda 2 sport white
hi all last friday i fitted my new janspeed cat back ,
didnot want it to noisey getting older and i`m very pleased ,
fits like a glove . sounds getting better by the day and getting a bit more mpg .:D
mymrblue182.jpg

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
more mpg is due to you driving slower as its louder! lol been there done that, mpg gets worse as you get used to it probably

R

rich[182]

Looks nice, whats it sound like at idle, round town, foot down and cruising ?
I've seen these for about £325, seem good value tbh

mazda 2 sport white
abit louder than standard ie deeper , around town just sounds fine more i think what it should sound like from day one . foot down cool no radio needed.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
that looks well nice, how renault should have made it in the first place....

That looks nice cant help thinking thats how my rubbish magnex should look... Have you had to cable tie or modify the rear mounts at all?
Does it knock about going over speed bumps or vibrate/ catch the rear bumper?

Rob.

R

rich[182]

waste of money - wont help performance at all

^ some of us don't care if it does or not, the difference between this for £325 and something circa £600 is something I cannot justify to myself where the difference in gains on a N/A engine is minimal

Can't see the point on spending a small fortune on the best exhaust unless your also going to go the full hog and get headwork, cams, inlets, decat and SMT6

The money saved on the exhaust is better spent on having inlets done and still have £100 left for a beer

Getting the best exhaust on a 182 for an extra 2bhp or so is silly money imho

106 GTi
Looking at the picture of it in PGTi the other much it is a single rear box like the Orbisound?

Despite any lack of gains a decently made stainless system much be worth it over the standard item with it's chocolate internals.

R

rich[182]

Yeh, it'll sound better than standard surely, feedback is that it's not too loud, not boomy on the motorway, decent fit and it can't result in a power loss over standard

mazda 2 sport white
no cable ties or modify the rear mounts at all, all i did do was put one bolt clamps on insted of u clamps so it didnt move or blow and undone the 6 bolts
and it sat bang on , as for loss of power NO still go`s just aswell .got hillsport bend & kn filter ,thinking of going for itg kit next .willl get some picks from under soon .

mazda 2 sport white
no mate no probs but i took abit of time not to bend the clamp when taking it off ,and it only fits one way round , one sides just abit deeper than other . no blows no exhaust paste at all , one part clamps i used
from a bm exhaust ,from work cut one into two relay holds good .

clio 200 F4Rt
there is far more to an exhaust than a few top end extra BHP.

our BTB system increases torque over the entire rev range, with a massive increase in mid range.

maybe people wanna stop reading Max Power and learn a bit more about car performance.

R

rich[182]

there is far more to an exhaust than a few top end extra BHP.

our BTB system increases torque over the entire rev range, with a massive increase in mid range.

maybe people wanna stop reading Max Power and learn a bit more about car performance.

^ Not everyone wants to spend upwards of £500 on an exhaust for a Clio, that doesn't mean we read Maxpower either :lolup:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
People trying to tune up 182's to biblical performance is a waste of time anyway - if you want a car where you are going to get decent gains for modifications then buy a turbo car.

The 182 is no slouch in standard form - im guessing this guy just wanted a zorst that looked and sounded a bit more purposeful and for £300 I dont think he has done too bad.

Nice one.

mazda 2 sport white
yes mate you have just hit the nail on the head .don`t want my ears to bleed from the noise ,for a bit more bhp . i would have been in a new 197 IF Renault had a turbo on it , even the new cooper s mini have a turbo now and its french/bm till then i will stick with my 182.

black/gold 182
People trying to tune up 182's to biblical performance is a waste of time anyway - if you want a car where you are going to get decent gains for modifications then buy a turbo car.

The 182 is no slouch in standard form - im guessing this guy just wanted a zorst that looked and sounded a bit more purposeful and for £300 I dont think he has done too bad.

Nice one.
well said that man :rolleyes: :rolleyes: