ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

January Photography Competition

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
December saw 2 winning entries for Photo of The Year, a big well done to Brazo and Cup_Phil

Brazos winning entry
Brazo.jpg

Cup_Phil's winning entry
Cup_phil.jpg

Once again, this month we have decided to go with 2 theme's, the first chosen by Brazo which should be an easy to achieve theme for all, and the second chosen by Cup_Phil which would require a little more thought.

The 2 themes are:

Street and Obsession

Pick a theme, interpret it as you want, and include it when posting your pictures! You can still only enter one photo

Entries close last day of January.

The Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on. Only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted.

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within this month.

- If you want to change your entry, you MUST PM me before the closing date.

- If you haven't followed the above rules don't come moaning when your picture isn't in the voting thread.

The Winner will choose the next subject for February and win a special ClioSport.net goody bag!

Good luck !!

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-3
Congrats guys. I have a good idea for this. Perfect excuse for me to pick up my camera this year.

2.2 bar shed.
Educations a b**ch. Don't have the time tbh, although I am doing some paid work down there soon maybe.

Street photography is a type of documentary photography that features subjects in candid situations within public places such as streets, parks, beaches, malls, political conventions and other settings.
Street photography uses the techniques of straight photography in that it shows a pure vision of something, like holding up a mirror to society. Street photography often tends to be ironic and can be distanced from its subject matter, and often concentrates on a single human moment, caught at a decisive or poignant moment. On the other hand, much street photography takes the opposite approach and provides a very literal and extremely personal rendering of the subject matter, giving the audience a more visceral experience of walks of life they might only be passingly familiar with. In the 20th century, street photographers have provided an exemplary and detailed record of street culture in Europe and North America, and elsewhere to a somewhat lesser extent.
Many classic works of street photography were created in the period between roughly 1890 and 1975 and coincided with the introduction of portable cameras, especially small 35mm, rangefinder cameras, most famously the Leica, as used by Henri Cartier-Bresson, among others.

Ahh why not.

Pic of my street...

ENTRY
6751642773_5a7203f6a2_z.jpg

Laindon Star Stacking + Aircraft Trails by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

I'm also obsessed with star trails ! :eek:

White APE
LMFAO !!!!! :lolup:

Any good shots ?

Not really. Too much light pollution and when I did find what I thought was a good spot I bottled it after a while. Haha. Was doing 30 second exposures but that meant standing out with the camera so tried a shot for about 10 mins so I could hide in the car but that gave too much pollution. Need to get a remote that will do it for me. Got any recommendations? Nikon btw.
Why do the stars looks quite blue in your shot?