ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jap meet, Trafford Centre, 15.04.12

As the title really. Was nice weather, although colder than I expected, shorts were an error!

7080623343_fddde28ba5_b.jpg

DSC09912 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

6934548986_07ae1aed7d_b.jpg

DSC09908 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7080619649_fc6a3aecec_b.jpg

DSC09903 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7080617835_23fc61b4d2_b.jpg

DSC09899 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7080615883_5334054b5b_b.jpg

DSC09896 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7080614207_9510bd0958_b.jpg

DSC09894 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7080612371_c5f31e8c53_b.jpg

DSC09891 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

6934537974_8a7c242195_b.jpg

DSC09884 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7080609025_49e4a9ebfc_b.jpg

DSC09938 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7080605603_d119a44995_b.jpg

DSC09935 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7080600325_97076cc4a3_b.jpg

DSC09931 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

6934526212_d4e8bed772_b.jpg

DSC09928 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7080597075_57f1413c9c_b.jpg

DSC09926 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

6934522670_b2f770400a_b.jpg

DSC09925 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

We went to McDonalds halfway through the meet, unfortunately we timed it wrong and missed a lovely E39 BMW M5 opening it's V8 onto the carpark, which resulted in this:

7080603343_2bee311488_b.jpg

DSC09934 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

...and this...

7080607423_76b6383bab_b.jpg

DSC09936 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Anyway, was a good meet on the whole.

E39 owner is clearly a weapon, hopefully he'll have his blowout on a deserted motorway and not with anyone else about.

E39 owner is clearly a weapon, hopefully he'll have his blowout on a deserted motorway and not with anyone else about.

In all fairness, there was an S2K there who did the same, his tyres were in a far more torrid state, more canvas showing than tyre.

I couldn't get a pic though as he was in the car, and I presumed he wouldn't appreciate any photos...

The same goes for the S2k owner then. If you want to piss about on destroyed tyres do it on a track don't be driving about on the road with innocent members of the public about. I hold a similar level of contempt for dickheads with dangerous faults on their car as drink drivers, utter assholes.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Little bit of Twingo love there. :eek:

You better show the 200 the same attention, even with it's gawky face. Lol

M16a
Looks pretty good,

That swift is 'charged and running something stupid like 250/260bhp.. Insanely quick car for the size..

320d
I know the lad in the M5's girlfriend, well I've met her at a girl I go Uni with's 21st. She posted pictures of two knackered tyres on FB and its the same colour M5 in the pics. Small world eh?

Dan

172 track thingy
Looks pretty good,

That swift is 'charged and running something stupid like 250/260bhp.. Insanely quick car for the size..

Lovin the swift just not fast enough from factory, this would deffo be fast enough though lol

Wonder if he wants to swap for a 182? Haha

Clio 172

I'm the guy with the M5 - was having a nosey on the various forums for pics of the meet and saw this so thought I'd better salvage my name so you dont all think I'm irresponsible! The little drifting display was a spur of the moment thing (I had 5mm left on those beautiful ContiSport3's when I arrived!). Afterwards I refused to drive the car out of the car park with the tyres in that state, let alone on the motorway home. So me and my mate went home in his 4x4 and I borrowed the rear wheels off my 7 Series which has new tyres. They were fitted and the M5 was driven home 100% legal and safe.

Was a nice meet today - good turnout once again :)

-Ben

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
We were all ogling it when you parked it up so I can vouch for that. Lol.

Its one of the tidiest pre-faelifts I've seen. Didn't sound that bad either. :eek:

I'm the guy with the M5 - was having a nosey on the various forums for pics of the meet and saw this so thought I'd better salvage my name so you dont all think I'm irresponsible! The little drifting display was a spur of the moment thing (I had 5mm left on those beautiful ContiSport3's when I arrived!). Afterwards I refused to drive the car out of the car park with the tyres in that state, let alone on the motorway home. So me and my mate went home in his 4x4 and I borrowed the rear wheels off my 7 Series which has new tyres. They were fitted and the M5 was driven home 100% legal and safe.

-Ben

Fair play for not spitting your dummy out, unusual and good to hear that someone actually has the common sense to take that action. Far too many seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to drive home or even around for an extended period with tyres in that state.

-Ben
Wondered why you had it tucked away in the car park! Good effort though, can't believe I missed it :dapprove: we'd gone for some grub at the time. Sounded immense.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
We thought we saw you return to your car (or perhaps your missus) in a black 1 series? Think the S2000 driver actually drove home and his were completely canvas.

Can't believe we missed it though, what have you had done to the exhaust btw?

-Ben

Fair play mate, top notch for taking the responsible road.

Your car is stunning, my mate has the same one as you, in a different colour (like a dark blue/purple)

As Rhys has said, your exhuast sounded, and looked modified, you mind if I ask what you have had done to it. Simply so I can tell my mate to immediately go out and get something similar. :D

Clio 172
Fair play for not spitting your dummy out, unusual and good to hear that someone actually has the common sense to take that action. Far too many seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to drive home or even around for an extended period with tyres in that state.

Yeah it was a bit of a ball-ache (especially seeing as the spare rims I used had too small a hub diameter and needed 'persuading' to go on the M5), but risking yourself and your own car is ignorant - risking everyone who is driving around you is just plain irresponsible.

We thought we saw you return to your car (or perhaps your missus) in a black 1 series? Think the S2000 driver actually drove home and his were completely canvas.

Can't believe we missed it though, what have you had done to the exhaust btw?

The 1-Series wasnt us - it was there the whole time when we were fitting the wheels and eventually left the car park - I think the guys in it might have been planning an upgrade :)

Fair play mate, top notch for taking the responsible road.

Your car is stunning, my mate has the same one as you, in a different colour (like a dark blue/purple)

As Rhys has said, your exhuast sounded, and looked modified, you mind if I ask what you have had done to it. Simply so I can tell my mate to immediately go out and get something similar. :D

Cheers mate, yeah I'm rather fond of it too. Its my fifth E39 M5 - everytime I sell one and try something else, I end up getting bored and buying another so this one is a keeper.

The exhaust is standard up to the rear resonator (which is a horseshoe shape box curved around the diff). Its had all 4 rear silencers removed (originally 1 per tailpipe) and replaced with tiny empty dummy boxes by Hayward & Scott. They were on it when I got it, but tell your mate he can have the same sound for about £50 - just cut the boxes off and weld straight pipes from the resonator to the tailpipe tips, simple as that. No drone, silent around town and on the motorway, but sounds like a NASCAR when you give it death!

-Ben

BMW 330D
mx5 with green wheels belongs to some lad tht i went to school with. See him in it all the time with the roof down, looks dead cool

BMW 330D
Adam Barnett? never looks cool iirc.

That wing was just insulting.

Yeah thats him and it didnt come over how sarcastic i was being. Im probably just bitter cos he never gave me a lift home from college in his hyundai when it was pissin it down lol

Homo spec mazda
Yeah thats him and it didnt come over how sarcastic i was being. Im probably just bitter cos he never gave me a lift home from college in his hyundai when it was pissin it down lol

haha that getz was class! just because it was the most piss poor thing id ever seen.

BMW 330D
yeah he turned up at a party once and he had sprayed the wheel trims black, i think the whole house came out to laugh at it.