ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jbl 1000w

now these are back down to £50- in halfords i may have to get 2 of them!

what amp would u guy suggest i get to power them,? considering ive got a 250w 2 channel and cant afford too much atm!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Tigerhawk on 21 December 2004

now these are back down to £50- in halfords i may have to get 2 of them!

what amp would u guy suggest i get to power them,? considering ive got a 250w 2 channel and cant afford too much atm!!!
is that 250w per channel rms? :confused:

Rb 182

I had one in my last car and ran it off a 2 chanel 760w (peak) Pioneer amp. I ran it bridged so that it would get the most out of the sub.

Dave

Skoda Fabia vRS

right, these subs are ALWAYS £50 in Motor World, so Halfords doing them for £50 is no special offer, they were just ripping everyone off in the first place, like usual.......

the listed RMS figure for them is either 225W or 250W i cant remember which exactly, however, they will handle a lot more

at present your local Motor World is doing deals on the sub, a JBL amp, and sub box

sorry to interupt but you say theyll handle alot more . . how much more would you say as i have these subs but no amp yet? iv heard some people say around 500rms but wouldnt doubling the power just blow the sub right away?

Skoda Fabia vRS

it was tested in Max Power a few months back as being able to handle 900W RMS before it blew

now obviously im not suggesting you go do that, cos Max Power is hardly the most reliable source of information, but they CAN handle more than 250W RMS

id say 500W RMS might be possible