ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jc5-029 part no location

Clio 2.0 16v 182
My clios got gearbox trouble. It's a mk2 ph2 and it SHOULD have the jc5-029 gear box with the speedo sensor. However someone has swaped out the original engine and now I am unsure as to whether or not the box is compatible. Already raised the car and had a poke around but it doesn't seem to have any part no. Or identifying marks on it. anyone know of alternative number locations on the box?

Haven't removed the box from the car yet

330i. E30 Touring.
Best way to identify is to do a visual check for the speedo sensor.

If you have a speedo sensor in the box fitted, then you need to replace it with similar.

Engines are fully interchangeable between gearboxes on those, so engine change should make no real difference. It's the car that defines whether the box requires a speedo sensor, not the engine.

Long story short, if in doubt, buy one with a speedo sensor hole, and bung it up if you don't require it.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Thanks guys. Took the box out and it's got no marks on it whatsoever but I found no sensor or holes for such components. Much appreciated!