ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JCC's FRS

I forgot to add, it was a little outshone on the day by this one being parked directly across from it:

1c2098bcb26713fa8163a1a9d401f818.jpg

850ish (atm) bhp. The turbo is the size of my f**king head.

Saw it on Sunday, it was looking superb mate, the gold wheels works really well on it IMO.

Cheers mate, never saw you around! Whole stand was looking spot on, nae sheds in sight.

Nice work

I still really really like/want one of these

But prices have barely dropped

I do still worry the price will drop rapidly at some point but so far they've not budged, even with the release of the MK3.

Amazing! My friend had to sell is UG FRS last year due to some mortgage bs, I have shown him your thread and it takes is devastation from 9/10 to a solid 10/10.

LOL, that's what friends are for. I'll 100% be just as gutted when the time comes to part with this.

Is that the one that went bang on a dyno before christmas? Monster.

That's the one. Went bang at 950ish. Now capped at 860ish for this show season then coming back off the road over winter to go for 1000bhp and AWD according to the owner. Mental!

Reactions: RDH
I am indeed selling. Could use the money tied up in it as a mortgage deposit (yawn) so unfortunately it has to go. Been putting it off for most of this year actually.

Gonna miss it like f**k. There's genuinely nothing in the same price range that I would consider changing it for out of choice.

Reactions: RDH
So as said above, the time came for me to sell the car on, not out of choice but necessity. Knew it was coming for a while so took the car on a last couple of runs to get some final enjoyment out of it. First was a run with the Rev Limits group:

073_zpssudjihjy.jpg

001_zpsuynglxkq.jpg

Then a couple of weeks later me and a few mates took the cars on a couple of my favourite routes:
Left Alloa at 7am, headed to Perth and stopped for breakfast, then it was on to the Old Military Road past Glenshee through the Cairngorms National Park up to Grantown-On-Spey and then onto Nairn. It was then back south Through Inverness, Fort Augustus, Fort William then staying on the A82 through Glencoe, Tyndrum, The Trossachs and back into Stirling. Some of the best roads and scenery you will ever come across.

020_zpssgxucmms.jpg

034_zps9f1kiv8e.jpg

039_zpsnb5fh8gm.jpg

051_zpsulcgnjzr.jpg

054_zpssfgymkb5.jpg

062_zpszohxu6sg.jpg

103_zpskxqyby6d.jpg

The next weekend it was back up to Sitech's new unit in Dunfermline for Simon to remove all the performance parts and replace them with the standard stuff I'd kept. Once that was done it was down to my work to swap the car over onto it's standard wheels. A good scrub to get the weekend before's run off of it and it looked like this, standard besides some Eibach springs:

152_zpsuylbhrsp.jpg

After putting ads on on the owners forum for the parts I had for sale, a guy I know locally through other people/cars got in contact with me asking how much I'd want for the car and all the bits as he had also sold his RS in almost identical spec to fund moving house and couldn't find anything else he liked for the same cash. A deal was agreed and he took the car and all the bits away on Friday. Shame he never said to me sooner mind as it putting the car back to standard meant time and money wasted for both us, Lol. I have however repainted the gold wheels in gloss black for him to collect next weekend:

044_zpss1d7lilb.jpg

So that's the end of FRS ownership for me, for now at least. If finances allow it it's highly likely I'll end up back in one at some point, although I'd be scared I'd buy another one and it'll never quite live up to how good this car has been to own for the past 2 and a half years and 20k miles. Never let me down once and only ever needed wear and tear parts and consumables replaced, even running an extra 100bhp over stock power.

Currently running around in this weapon for a few weeks till I find myself a semi decent cheap EP3;

031_zpsqbvxgupv.jpg

A 22 year old Honda Accord 2.0 litre non-VTEC automatic. 70k miles of full Honda dealer service history, owned by an old guy who kept it utterly immaculate and brought it into work every so often so we could keep on top of the rust. Boss bought it off him earlier in the year as a runaround for the garage after the owner decided it was going to waste in his garage after only doing 700 miles between MOTs. Comes complete with a steering wheel which is attached to absolutely f**k all and the stench of Old Spice which 6 months later still won't leave the car.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Think I might of been in at Sitech getting my X5 remaped the same day you were in getting the parts removed , looked like a very clean car.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sad time Joe! End of an era mate. Thanks for letting me look after it!

Think I might of been in at Sitech getting my X5 remaped the same day you were in getting the parts removed , looked like a very clean car.

Ah yeah that would have been me, cheers! You had a pretty mental one yourself at one point did you not?

Sad time Joe! End of an era mate. Thanks for letting me look after it!

It is mate, cheers for keeping it looking its best. If I own something that's actually in a decent colour again I'll get back to you!

What a car. I've been silently following this thread for a while and can't believe it's going.

Sad times

You and me both. Gonna be one I always regret selling I can already tell!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip I had a revo stage 4+ car that we then fitted stage 1 cams , Loba hybrid turbo. I think it was the first car to do 500 bhp on a hybrid , rather than a turbo/ manifold swap.