ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jerking and lack of power in low gear

Hi, I’m hoping someone might have a suggestion to this issue. Firstly I’ve tried:

* taking it to a a garage for diagnostics and nothing came up error-wise
* spark plugs are fine
* coil pack is fine
* cleaned catalytic convertor

Issue is in first and second gear there is often a lack of power, jerks quite a bit, I have to rev quite high in first to get going. Once over 20mph and into third no problem.
No strange sounds or smells from the engine.

Toxic fuel warning light flashes but often goes off once I start driving in higher gears or motorway driving.

Any suggestions would be super welcome as already cost me £250 in three separate garage checks all to tell me they don’t know what the problem is. I’m looking to sell/part ex the car soon so getting this sorted would be great.

Unless you have access to an ultrasonic bath and a way of pulsing the injectors, you won't really be able to clean them properly tbh.
Sorry that read as if I would be cleaning them! I meant taking it to the garage.
Someone has also told me that the fuel filter might need replacing? Do you think that could cause this problem?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Sorry that read as if I would be cleaning them! I meant taking it to the garage.
Someone has also told me that the fuel filter might need replacing? Do you think that could cause this problem?

Possible, but I don't really know much about that setup. Whether it's an external or internal filter.