ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jersey

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Had a few days over in Jersey last week. We got one of the Jersey passes so crammed quite a few things in to 2 days.

Here's a few of my favorites from the trip. C&C appreciated.

A few from the Durrell wildlife conservation trust. Shot through the thick glass so a bit of quality was lost. Still came out OK though I think.

6299143477_365d0a7863_z.png

6296317034_bd19e86f12_z.png

6296308204_c5e2e06710_z.png

Stopped off at the War tunnels (Underground hospital) - Some really good things in there. Should have taken my tripod though.

6300039744_0bb73db58c_z.png

6299927562_cf21624e50_z.png

6299944174_68772432db_z.png

6299384293_99cd32c550_z.png

6299491233_8abd7e6f3e_z.png

Headed over to Elizabeth castle but the weather was a bit dull and I was having trouble getting shots that I liked.

6299737980_88f2355e64_z.png

The weather improved for the last day and a half and we headed over the Grosnez Point- one of the main things I wanted to see during the trip.

6299293527_36d0a061e0_z.png

6299313395_ff9e4ec0c5_z.png

We also headed over to Corbiere Point (apparently this is the most photographed thing in Jersey)

6299682600_f420dcb51e_z.png

More can be found on my Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/zipzooka

Cheers

RIP Dan
Nice shots, iirc that bunker you went in to shoot the M10 through the slots stinks of p*ss ;-)

If you come over again and are interested in ze German stuff, I can take you to some fairly unseen places and tunnels etc. Can also recommend places to eat etc. The war tunnels are very good, as is Durrell, hope you enjoyed it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. Yeah it did stink a tad :dead:

We ate at some really nice places. Dix Neuf I think in St Hellier and another one opposite the harbor (above a club i think, by the tourist info). That tennerfest is a bargain!

Cheers for the offer. We will be coming back, just not too sure when yet but when we do I'll give you a shout for a quick tour.

RIP Dan
No worries, come back in the summer, it's a really nice place to be then. Yep the Tennerfest is really good value, although some of them charge more now!!

Nice pics looks like a great place. If you don't mind me asking roughly what are the costs of a trip to Jersey? I want to go but heard it's expensive.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
We paid £210 each for flights and hotel, booked through easyjet holidays. Car hire was £70 (plus £30 when you get there for fuel/tax etc - I'd forgotten about that!) and £30 for the car park in Liverpool airport. Total was £550 for 2 of us for 4 nights. (Bearing in mind that was half term, i thought it was a good price)
We also got a 2 day Jersey pass for £32 each and with that I think we saved about £25 with the places we went to.

5 days was enough for us to see what we did but I would have liked to have a few more just to relax a bit as we were out from breakfast until late on.

Some stunning views and some great roads, the hill climb road was good fun, I imagine it would be a lot better in a decent car though!

We paid £210 each for flights and hotel, booked through easyjet holidays. Car hire was £70 (plus £30 when you get there for fuel/tax etc - I'd forgotten about that!) and £30 for the car park in Liverpool airport. Total was £550 for 2 of us for 4 nights. (Bearing in mind that was half term, i thought it was a good price)
We also got a 2 day Jersey pass for £32 each and with that I think we saved about £25 with the places we went to.

5 days was enough for us to see what we did but I would have liked to have a few more just to relax a bit as we were out from breakfast until late on.

Some stunning views and some great roads, the hill climb road was good fun, I imagine it would be a lot better in a decent car though!
Bouley Bay Hill climb is great and even when i'm in a hire car on there still got to give it the beans :) I'm out in Jersey entering the Hill climb in July next year. Used to spend alot of time over in Jersey as a child due to having family friends over there and its such a nice place! Feels so different to the UK and the food is always very very good! I went back in May and used Avis Channel Islands website and got 3 days hire of a Fiesta for £28 was also the best service I have experienced from a car rental so if you go again you should give them a try :) Stunning pictures love the first and second ones especially!

RIP Dan
Bouley Bay is a great hill, I have done it on 2 wheels a few times.

If you time it right there is a motorsport weekend where they use 2 other hills and classic cars and bikes. They also sprint them along Victoria Avenue (in front of the Castle your pic is of). Usually in June/July and there are some stunning motors which enter.

I you want to catch a hill climb at Bouley Bay then its usually bank holidays at the end of the the month.

The national is very good as all the UK guys come over and sometimes the ferrari challenge guys too, records tumble with the National competitors and the ferraris are just beautiful.