ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jessops Sale

Just waiting to see what Santa brings before I order but otherwise the Sigma 70-300mm APO will be purchased.. £137..

Aye, was eyeing up the Sigma 30 f1.4 last night......but the amount of camera stuff I've bought recently.....

It's an excellent price at the moment.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Looks like some good prices there.. could do with a bit of help choosing though! I'm getting the 450d with the 18-55mm IS lens and I'm also going to get a 50mm f1.8; could someone recommend a telephoto lens to expand my range a bit please? If there's one in the sales I may as well pick it up while it's on.

Cheers.
:)

Aye, was eyeing up the Sigma 30 f1.4 last night......but the amount of camera stuff I've bought recently.....

It's an excellent price at the moment.

I know, sooooo tempted! Thankfully my card was cancelled on Friday as somebody cloned it, so I don't receive my new one till Saturday or thereabouts, it's a blessing in disguise as I would literally be using my overdraft to fund it :)

My Sigma 20mm 1.8 just arrived from the Jessops Sale, it's for Christmas so I just tested it briefly before giving it to my Mum. AMAZING! I haven't been stunned by a lens since I got my 50mm 1.8 and Nikon 80-200 2.8, but the close focusing distance on this thing is unreal.

I was knocking the front of the lens element into this decoration whilst trying to take this, and it still looked far away in the viewfinder...

441553747_WimWs-L.jpg

I can't even imagine how fun it could be on a full frame camera.

2014 Focus Titanium
Looks like some good prices there.. could do with a bit of help choosing though! I'm getting the 450d with the 18-55mm IS lens and I'm also going to get a 50mm f1.8; could someone recommend a telephoto lens to expand my range a bit please? If there's one in the sales I may as well pick it up while it's on.

Cheers.
:)

Canon 55-250IS without doubt!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Canon 55-250IS without doubt!

Think I'm going to have to start a new thread for this, but anyway. Is it worth paying that much extra for the IS? Sigma seem to offer quite a few lenses at cheaper prices. Also, with the £88 saving on the 1.4x TC, would it not be worth combining that with one of their lenses?

Don't.....post.....pics......taken......with......fast....wide.....primes.......will.....not....be..... able..... to..... resist!!

Joking aside - looks good!

Meg 225 with cup packs.
Some bargains to be had, unusually. Particularly the lens sale which has some cracking deals...

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/Winter Sale/Lenses/Show.html

If you happen to need a 1.4tc for a Canon you're laughing! Got myself a Sigma 20mm f1.8, much cheaper than anywhere else, particuarly with a £10 discount code.

Also a load of voucher codes for Jessops on http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

What a coincedence... Just got that lens today.
Been umming and arring for a few days which lens to get out of the Siggy or Tamron 28-75mm. In the end opted for the Siggy purely on price, plus the slightly wider end.

Can't wait to get outside now, to start learning photography properly:D

I used the 5% voucher off as well takes it down a little cheaper still.;)

23122008041.jpg

Don't.....post.....pics......taken......with......fast....wide.....primes.......will.....not....be..... able..... to..... resist!!

Joking aside - looks good!

just bought the sigma TC to go with my 135mm f2 L - too good a deal to miss

1422382545_4077f1b883.jpg

918376038_e8725b43c1.jpg

Oil Burner
Ive just ordered my 2nd 1.4tc, the first one i bought for £133 in the summer but was taken back as it was rubbish.

Lets hope this one is better (ive used some excellent ones)

This will be mated with my 100-300f4, hopefully giving me a few more shots at my disposal next year on the motorsports.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Can anyone give me a good reason why I should not buy this lens ... it's my first lens (aside from the 17-55mm kit) for my 450D.

I know I could spend two or ten times as much on a faster lens, but for ~£150 this seems alright !

I'm willing to negotiate for a slightly better lens, but I also want a 10-20mm :cool:

Can anyone give me a good reason why I should not buy this lens ... it's my first lens (aside from the 17-55mm kit) for my 450D.

I know I could spend two or ten times as much on a faster lens, but for ~£150 this seems alright !

I'm willing to negotiate for a slightly better lens, but I also want a 10-20mm :cool:

Dunno but might be worth chopping the Tamron 70-300 for that!